Good news and Bad news

Builds & Discussions
The Good News: The new Sparrows are available on Amazon.

The Bad News: All the Mega Construx Destiny sets at my local Target are on clearance except for the Sparrows and the Armories (the latter of which being odd because the Armory sets are all Wave 1). This is bad because it includes the Hive Horde Attack set, which is the newest set they had in stock. This suggests they might not carry any more sets from the Mega Construx Destiny line.

RichardT1977 wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:27 pm

The Bad News: All the Mega Construx Destiny sets at my local Target are on clearance except for the Sparrows and the Armories (the latter of which being odd because the Armory sets are all Wave 1). This is bad because it includes the Hive Horde Attack set, which is the newest set they had in stock. This suggests they might not carry any more sets from the Mega Construx Destiny line.
Crikey. That doesn't sound fun.

I just hit my local Target as well and I can confirm here in Chicago at least the same is true. They had the Atheon set on clearance for $9.98, The Cabal Interceptor for $12 and the Hive set was also on clearance for around the same. The newest thing they have in stock is the Warrior Series blind packs at full price. Really sad to see. They haven't gotten ANY of the new wave of sets in stock for Destiny. The Newest Halo Heroes sets they had were series 2!

The newest stuff was all in the Despicable Me and Pokemon sets. The worst part is that they have approximately one full width shelf section and part of another for Mega Construx. The other major competitor who shall not be named gets one entire Aisle and half another Aisle.

Just because a store clearances items doesn't mean they're no longer carrying them. Often, older stock is clearanced to make room for new/upcoming stuff. There are obviously "fall" Mega Construx sets trickling out to retail stores, so some stores might clearance older items to make room for the new stuff. Plenty of MB Halo sets have gone on clearance at Target, but they kept carrying Halo stuff.

RichardT1977 wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:27 pm

This says to me there clearing out the floor space for new stuff. That's what I'm hoping got to be optimistic.

And now that Sparrows and Armory figures are all that's left, they finally get the second wave of armory figures (both of which I'd already purchased from elsewhere). Target's being weird.

I hate double-posting (it makes me feel desperate and needy), but I wasn't sure this was being read:

UPDATE:

More Good News: The Target that clearanced out their larger sets has now stocked the Cabal Gladiator Battle set (i.e. the one with Lord Shaxx)!

More Bad News: The two local Walmarts that were carrying Mega Bloks/Construx Destiny sets have not only clearanced all their remaining sets, but one of them has removed all their shelf space in the construction toys aisle and the other one has put up reset planagrams with NO indicated spaces for Destiny sets.

I tell ya, it's starting to feel like the second year of the World of Warcraft line. Also, I saw these patterns in the second year of that other construction block company's attempt to revive their originally-Pacific-themed sort-of-robots line...

RichardT1977 wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:44 pm
I hate double-posting (it makes me feel desperate and needy), but I wasn't sure this was being read:

UPDATE:

More Good News: The Target that clearanced out their larger sets has now stocked the Cabal Gladiator Battle set (i.e. the one with Lord Shaxx)!

More Bad News: The two local Walmarts that were carrying Mega Bloks/Construx Destiny sets have not only clearanced all their remaining sets, but one of them has removed all their shelf space in the construction toys aisle and the other one has put up reset planagrams with NO indicated spaces for Destiny sets.

I tell ya, it's starting to feel like the second year of the World of Warcraft line. Also, I saw these patterns in the second year of that other construction block company's attempt to revive their originally-Pacific-themed sort-of-robots line...
Yikes that's not good... I miss WoW :(

And now Toys R Us is clearancing all its Destiny sets except for the Cabal Interceptor (really?) and the Armory sets (which have been moved to an endcap wing which is almost as bad).

Return to “Destiny”