What do you think the next Signature series is for Halo?

Builds & Discussions
I would be cool with this set IF THE PELICAN WEREN'T SO SMALL!!! Seriously though it's surprising to me that this could ever be a signature series set, shouldn't the pelican be "signature worthy"?

The pelican looks way bigger

I'm personally really disappointed! As has been said by others, there are so many other vehicles/buildings/structures that would have been so much better. The giant winged "thing" that rises from the sand in the first Halo 5 trailer would have been a personal favourite of mine.

Well I definitely have inspiration now! Gotta build a structure to sit that on!

Now, my TRU better stock this, missed out on the last two Signature Series sets. Anyone have a spare Mammoth or Scarab?

I am astonished at the response to this set. Although this is yet another vehicle to add to the unbelievably large array of such already present within the Halo line, it devotes almost as many pieces to the landing pad and structure as it does to the pelican itself. Although I would have preferred an NMPD or ODST set devoted more to New Mombassa Streets than to the NMPD Pelican that picks up Mickey and Dutch from the ONI building, I am nevertheless quite excited that we get another NMPD/ODST set, and more importantly, another member of the Halo 3: ODST team.

My primary reservations--aside from the focus on vehicle of structure--are on Mickey's details and the lack of Dutch. It looks like Mega added some detail to Mickey's ankle and helmet, but I do not see Mickey's unique radio pack (which could have been appropriated with a standard radio pack and a new antenna mold), and photos have thus far failed to reveal if his left pauldron is game-accurate. I am hopeful that the final release will see both details added if they are not present.

I also think the set should have included both Mickey and Dutch. However, given the new molds required for each figure I suppose it makes sense to reserve Dutch for another set. Perhaps he will come with an NMPD Warthog or something...

In any case, I like the set and will definitely be getting one.

Chew wrote:
> I'm personally really disappointed! As has been said by others, there are
> so many other vehicles/buildings/structures that would have been so much
> better. The giant winged "thing" that rises from the sand in the
> first Halo 5 trailer would have been a personal favourite of mine.

You'd rather have a glob of bloks depicting something you don't even know about (think it's called the cryptum or something like that) opposed to this beautifully designed set? If that's the case, just buy yourself a few old Dragons castles for the 2x4 stone bloks, go to the beach (or a child's sandbox) and toss them in the air. #sigseriesacquired :P (just teasing)

Seriously though, I get seeing the pelican V1 mold coming back may not feel 'siggy' since it was the first $69.99 pricepoint set at roughly the same build - but when you consider inflation, product development and tooling, as well as the added platform and diorama fodder (likely pushing the piece count closer to an estimated 1.8k pcs) that's a pretty decent sized set at a friendlier price-point than the Scarab or FUD. The only thing I would've preferred over this would've been ONI Sword Base [Halo: Reach], Firebase [Halo Wars], or ONI HQ complex [Halo 3: ODST].

Personally, after seeing the set I'm already crossing my fingers that we'll see a black-armored Mickey in the next wave of blind packs to accompany this year's pods (I really don't want to have to take the exacto blade to his helmet just to swap the cam onto my own sig-fig).

I can't believe the NMPD Pelican is the signature set. This set isn't really anything new. It's just a rehash of the original Pelican, which I already have, with a landing pad. I know the landing pad is neat and all, but I feel that they could've created a much better set with something brand new like the previous Signature Series. I'm just disappointed to see a normal line set being sold off as a signature series all because it includes a large landing pad for it.

EDIT: To the person above, the v1 Pelicans were sold at $59.99 when I bought it a couple years ago at my local Super Target. The good ol' days when Halo Mega Bloks were much cheaper, but I guess inflation and improved designs do play a role in cost.

I recently parted with one (old Pelican) for far more than $60 . I'm looking forward to this upgrade.

I have to be honest I thought the Pelican Sig was a joke at first, since the first Pre-show photo was a bit unclear and the model seems to have too many colors, so I thought that might be a test build or something. I am not sure about how many pieces this set will contain but for something which is already been done twice, it lacks the surprising aspect for a Sig set.

I still remember Mega did a pole early this year or maybe late last year for us to choose between a Spirit, Infinity or Ragnarok. I wonder what happened to that, or it is just something you do to stir up the atmosphere. Seeing that the Halo map done with Megabloks this SDCC, at least I think a Forerunner structure could be done. I mean as a Sig set, it doesn't have to come with all that terrain, for me that structure and a little bit surroundings would be very sufficient.

I always thought that a Sig set should be "big". I appreciate the blok count for the previous Sigs, especially the Scarab even it was modified again after its first reveal.

At last, I understand that maybe a smaller Sig set would be more popular and more affordable. I also have to fair and say that the included figures is very detailed and most game accurate so far. I also like the paint on the brute chieftain, it is wonderful! However, I would prefer to have this set when Mega introduces the new articulation for brutes, :p

Surprise us more next year please Mega!!!

Symon-006 wrote:
> You'd rather have a glob of bloks depicting something you don't even know about
> (think it's called the cryptum or something like that) opposed to this beautifully
> designed set? If that's the case, just buy yourself a few old Dragons castles for the
> 2x4 stone bloks, go to the beach (or a child's sandbox) and toss them in the air.
> #sigseriesacquired :P (just teasing)
LOL I went with "thing" as I've yet to find an official name anywhere in reliable canon. There are a few references to it being one of the guardians which is probably the most likely. Granted it would be more for collectors than kids but having it at the scale of a sig set would make a monster of a display piece and something completely different from any other set.

Maybe I'm just getting tired of constant rehashing of existing sets. Oh look, yet another Warthog/Cyclops/Ghost/etc. Don't get me wrong, the pad and structure are awesome and we need more items like that in the Halo line - the new fire base being a great example. I just won't be paying the cost of the pelican on top to get them. Its a personal choice I know but I'm just not a fan of most of the NMPS sets. If the pelican was in colours which I could easily reuse to make other structures I might have considered it. If I could get the pad and building in a set on their own and display my existing pelican(s) on it I'd be all over it.

Return to “Halo”