Dying Slime

Builds & Discussions
Hello there!

So, I've got some green Breakout Beasts slime, but I'd like it to be red. Could I dye it with food coloring, or would that just look bad? I would also like for it to keep it's transparency.

Thanks,
JoeFilms

JoeFilms wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:28 pm
Hello there!

So, I've got some green Breakout Beasts slime, but I'd like it to be red. Could I dye it with food coloring, or would that just look bad? I would also like for it to keep it's transparency.

Thanks,
JoeFilms
I thought your slime was dying.

Survivor11 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:11 pm
JoeFilms wrote:
Hello there!

Thanks,
JoeFilms
Lol, I as well.

Spartanz19 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:51 pm
Survivor11 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:11 pm
JoeFilms wrote:
Hello there!

Thanks,
JoeFilms
Lol, I as well.
Friday night live comedy with Survivor11.
Someone make that a show.

JoeFilms wrote:
Hello there!
Could I dye it with food coloring, or would that just look bad? I would also like for it to keep it's transparency.
Hm, I'm no expert, but if the slime is water-based, food colouring would probably work on it. I'm just not sure if the dye would take. If you have any slime to spare, you might need to experiment with that a little to see what happens.

Being a crafter and an artist...green is a secondary color made from blues and yellows, and red is a primary color so....by the laws of physics, art, and nature, you cannot "mix" a red from other colors. If anything, you will turn the green slime into other darker colors based on what you add, and the more you add, the darker it will get.

Best option, Get some clear Elmer's Glue and some contact lens solution, and make a clear slime, then add a 1-2 drops of red food coloring to get your desired red slime. Pretty sure from the smell from the Breakout Beast slimes, this is the formula they use since contact lens solution has no borax and fewer allergens in it, unlike laundry detergents and Sodium Tetraborate (Borax) Solutions.

You're better then me, I hate the slime!!! Would love for them to place the slime in a bag and keep it separate from parts and figures. I keep the slime but have no use for it. My house is a No-Slime Zone. LOL

Return to “Breakout Beasts”