Is Mattel Working on an Online Store for MCX?

Got a question? Ask it here!
Well there distribution large sets don't seem to appear in any stores anymore.

I really hope this can happen. I hate NEVER seeing these at retail!

Yeah, large sets are non existant in my area. Would love a direct store system.

I'd love to see complete sets, possibly on one single card like they did for MOTU.
It would save so much hassle trying to hunt all the characters down online without getting ripped off.

Janco wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:39 pm
I'd love to see complete sets, possibly on one single card like they did for MOTU.
I'm really hoping Mattel continues the multi-packs of previously released MOTU figures. They seem to want those characters to be easily accessible, and I love that.

Something needs to change. Buying them at retail is impossible for some of us, and the prices are usually jacked up on eBay, so that also sucks.

I would buy everything directly from a Mega Brands online shop if given an opportunity. It would, however, be ironic if it wound up being no better a certainty than Amazon and things got randomly put into indefinite release or all out canceled after months of waiting.

Community Team
As I teased in the other thread, I'm currently investigating and hoping to share some information about The Distribution Problem soon. Met with our Senior Director yesterday and we had a really good discussion about it. I should have something to share next week.

On the topic of direct to consumers (DTC), I know this is something many people have suggested as a possible solution, and we are always investigating how we can make that work for us, but it's so much more complicated than it seems. Building a website that people can buy from is not the hard part. It's the logistics around it - managing inventory, shipping domestically and internationally, etc. Our infrastructure is not set up for that right now. We'd have to open another warehouse to handle that, or deal with a third-party fulfilment company. There are costs associated with all those things, which means you need a certain volume in order to make it profitable.

Currently, we're focusing on regaining lost shelf space in brick-and-mortar stores globally, and relying on online partners (like Amazon, Walmart, etc.) to handle online sales. Does this mean we'll never do a DTC online store? No. But it's not our #1 priority right now.

Are you gonna try to get prices down to MSRP on Amazon?

Community Team
Murple wrote:Are you gonna try to get prices down to MSRP on Amazon?
Prices should be around MSRP when it's the official listing from us (should say "ships from and sold by Amazon"). We can't control the prices on listings from other resellers.

And I know "scalpers" are perceived to be part of the problem right now. But they're really more a symptom, rather than a cause. If our products are easily available at regular price, these scalpers become irrelevant. There's no law against reselling our products at exorbitant prices. It's just basic supply and demand, unfortunately.

YAN, thank you very, very much for taking the time to answer. That kind of personal response means a heck of a lot. Please keep up the good work!

Return to “Ask Mega Construx”