ODST Graves description

Builds & Discussions
Just saw a post pointing out that the new sets were added to the Halo section. I was reading through the heroes series 9 description when something caught my attention. Here is the description for ODST Graves

"Become the UNSC’s public enemy Number One when you build Graves from Halo’s comic book series! Packed with premium detail, this highly collectible, micro action figure comes with detachable armor and an authentic weapon and can be posed by a clear rod on a buildable display stand with printed name detail. Select your favorite hero or collect all 6 figures to lead your Fireteams to victory! "

This is odd because ODST graves is not in any Comic books, and to my knowledge he only appears in the Halo arcade game Fireteam Raven. The description also mentions "Become the UNSC’s public enemy Number On..." This is odd because Graves is never mentioned in this way anywhere else in Halo lore. There is a waypoint article titled "That's So Raven" from August of 2018 that gives a brief look into his past but mentions mostly being born in sol system, joining the Marine Corp to fight the insurrections and requesting admission to be an ODST when the Covenant attacked.

This description makes me wonder if we are getting a figure in a future series that is an insurrectionist. Maybe Robert Watts as he is in the comic book Halo: The Fall of Reach, but this is speculation.

I'm curious if anyone else has thoughts on this and if Mega will change this in the near future.

There's also a tagline at the start that says 'Lead the United Rebel Front with collectible Graves (ODST) figure!' Considering that Robert Watts has appeared in a comic, and was the leader of the United Rebel Front, I'd say your guess about who this description is supposed to pertain to is spot on.

Now I can't unsee Graves pulling a Mickey and switching sides, this time overthrowing the Insurrection leader and seizing power.

Man, I used to like Mickey, New Blood ruined that for me. Not that it’s bad, I just find his logic terrible. The URF executes his best friend, then he joins the URF.

GreenSpartan082 wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:52 am
Man, I used to like Mickey, New Blood ruined that for me. Not that it’s bad, I just find his logic terrible. The URF executes his best friend, then he joins the URF.
I was *** about what they did with Mickey in New Blood also, but there is more to his story. You need to read Bad Blood. It’s a direct sequel to New Blood. No spoilers but the Halo universe is full of multidimensional characters and Mickey is no exception.

I decided re-read some of the older halo books recently and just got to Ghost of Onyx. In one of the early chapters a General Graves of the URF came up when Blue Team was attaching a rebel base. Completely forgot about this obscure character in the lore until I re-read this chapter, but this character seems to be the one the description is meant for instead of ODST Graves. Would love to see some rebel figure made by Mega.

Return to “Halo”