Unable to Create Account in UK

Having problems with the website or forum? Post here for help!
Thank you, Johnny. He said this:

"Thanks. I'm not aware of UK having strict internet laws (even in light of Article 11 and 13) and regularly sign up for a variety of sites . It's nice to get an answer so quick but I doubt this is the reason."

Any other ideas, though?

They've got a firewall problem.

The likelyhood of both of them having that problem seems unlikely to me, but I will mention it. Thanks.

JoeFilms wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:18 am
The likelyhood of both of them having that problem seems unlikely to me, but I will mention it. Thanks.
If they both have a firewall, which is very likely, then it's not that unlikely that it is blocking an (unknown) website.
I grew up with a paranoid mother.
We had a firewall.

The amount of times I had to go get a perfectly normal website authorised in the firewall is way too high for my liking.

One of them has made an account before.

JoeFilms wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:38 am
Thank you, Johnny. He said this:

"Thanks. I'm not aware of UK having strict internet laws (even in light of Article 11 and 13) and regularly sign up for a variety of sites . It's nice to get an answer so quick but I doubt this is the reason."

Any other ideas, though?
Some sites are blocking sign ups from EU/UK because of GDRP which has to do with data collection and obtaining the proper permissions for that data. If Mega can not meet the GDPR requirements they may be blocking sign ups temporarily.

I will let them lnow, thank you.

Return to “Forum / Website Tech support”