Using Megablox figures as art ref?

Builds & Discussions
I was thinking, am I able to use MegaBlox figures as Art reference in lieu of "Body-Kun"?
(If you don't know what Body-Kun is, it's a poseable figure used for anatomy reference)
These art ref figures are much more flexible than MegaBlox figures, however, the Covenant figures that megablox makes are not only exceptionally detailed, but accurate anatomy-wise too. I've recently wanted to draw some Covenant from halo, but to some difficulties. I've found barely any good frontal views of any of the covenant in halo, especially jackals. I did some art last night (Shown at bottom), but I feel if I had an array of basic figures with distinct colors, I would be able to more effectively visualize the proportions and poses in my mind I was thinking of buying the Shields of Requiem Lance and Banished Banshee Brawl sets for the most bang for my buck. It showcases nearly all Covenant figures that I would need for art reference, the others of which I already own. If you guys want to, you can shoot other suggestions for art ref at me (Action figures, other toys, whatever works)

zipperozic wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:58 pm
I was thinking, am I able to use MegaBlox figures as Art reference in lieu of "Body-Kun"?
(If you don't know what Body-Kun is, it's a poseable figure used for anatomy reference)
These art ref figures are much more flexible than MegaBlox figures, however, the Covenant figures that megablox makes are not only exceptionally detailed, but accurate anatomy-wise too. I've recently wanted to draw some Covenant from halo, but to some difficulties. I've found barely any good frontal views of any of the covenant in halo, especially jackals. I did some art last night (Shown at bottom), but I feel if I had an array of basic figures with distinct colors, I would be able to more effectively visualize the proportions and poses in my mind I was thinking of buying the Shields of Requiem Lance and Banished Banshee Brawl sets for the most bang for my buck. It showcases nearly all Covenant figures that I would need for art reference, the others of which I already own. If you guys want to, you can shoot other suggestions for art ref at me (Action figures, other toys, whatever works)
Well I doubt your still here. Wish someone would have answered your question earlier. The answer is mabey. They have some very detailed molds and sculpts, it's not perfect though. They wount match up perfectly but should be relatively close/accurate if you need to gather the more simple anatomy positions that are associated with them.

Things to note with them however is that the newer style jackels use the newer grunr bodies so there chests are not necessarily game accurate. Brutes and Spartans should both be taller and bulkyer in there own regards. I think the grunt is fairly accurate along with the sangelli and the drones. Most of the promethans are also pretty good in terms of accuracy, the flood mabey need some new mold work.

Return to “Halo”