Making the NMPD pelican set better.....

Got a question? Ask it here!
I believe that mega bloks can improve the pelican with some of these minor adjustments. also the set doesn't look like it's in the final design phase

- Tiles bloks, regular and printed on wings to make the pelican look detailed and sleek

- Redesign the "warthog hook" piece so its not so long, like the one on the pelican gunship set ( new smaller warthog hook)

These are my suggestions for now as other collecters may want to point out some design flaws to fix

Good subject - I can't see the renders well enough to make my own assessments; but I'd reckon getting one more ODST *ahem* DUTCH in the mix would be very welcomed.

...looking forward to seeing what other fans suggest as well.

I'd imagine there is a balance between the creators vision, and the price point it needs to meet. Taking a little from here and there, and adding it in different places.

Adding an Engineer from Halo 3 ODST would be an appropriate upgrade and make this much more of a "must-buy" set for me and I imagine others.

Goodwill Hunter wrote:
> Adding an Engineer from Halo 3 ODST would be an appropriate upgrade and
> make this much more of a "must-buy" set for me and I imagine
> others.

That would be a tipping point from purchasing one to two..

CarbonZ wrote:
> I'd imagine there is a balance between the creators vision, and the price
> point it needs to meet. Taking a little from here and there, and adding it
> in different places.

Yeah, this is what'll invoke the most suggested "improvements". Sure, there are a few thing you could do here or there to make the model better, but at what cost?

Personally, if price-point marketability wasn't an issue I'd like the thing to be fully in -scale with the figures, but that's completely impractical. Seems fine the way it is.

Deinonychus wrote:
> Yeah, this is what'll invoke the most suggested "improvements". Sure, there
> are a few thing you could do here or there to make the model better, but at what
> cost?
>
> Personally, if price-point marketability wasn't an issue I'd like the thing to be
> fully in -scale with the figures, but that's completely impractical. Seems fine the
> way it is.

Yet, we don't know what that price point is yet.
Since I've seen this set the numbers 1-4-9-9-9 keep going through my head, which I feel is adequate given the size of the Pelican in it's relation to other <= $119.99 sets; but overstepping that threshold beyond $165.99 feels greedy to me. then again, as a cranky adult who remembers spending $69.99 on the first pelican; I suppose my opinion of spending >$80 on a landing platform with newly styled figures may be a bit biased.

...though, I wholeheartedly agree that integrating an engineer (or another named ODST) would sway my opinion favorably

Community Team
Hey Symon,

This is really great feedback!
I'll make sure the design team sees this.
But as you are not asking a direct question, it would be better if next time you could move a topic like this to the general Halo forums!

Thanks for understanding!
Best,

Cary

Symon-006 wrote:
> Good subject - I can't see the renders well enough to make my own
> assessments; but I'd reckon getting one more ODST *ahem* DUTCH in the mix
> would be very welcomed.
>
> ...looking forward to seeing what other fans suggest as well.
Dutch is in the new ODST pack that comes with covie drones
All we need now are Romeo and Buck (although buck had pretty much the same armor as rookie which Mega's figure of is inaccurate with the chest plate.)

Community Team
Hey Parzi!

I think this is a good case for customization! Everyone will have their individual opinion about this feature, or that feature, which is what makes custom-building so great! I encourage you to tweak it to your liking and upload a picture of the final product to the fan gallery :)

Return to “Ask Mega Construx”