Normal heads

Tips & Tricks
What do people use if they want to replace helmeted figures with normal heads?
They ARE a few available. The Assassins Creed packs are cheap enough to get 2-3 but quite a few are in the HUGE sets.

I don't think it would make marketing sense but what if Mega did a pack of heads?

I'd like that, for my comics. I'm in.

First off, yes packs of heads would be nice. Like various hair colors and styles. Or have pin hole hair that you could add to a bald head. As far as sets to get regular heads from other than Assassin's Creed:

You could get some of the smaller Star Trek sets: Day of the Dove (Scotty, Chekov, 2 Klingons) and Guardian of Forever (Kirk, McCoy, 2 red shirts). Prices for these are usually under $10

And from the MCX Heroes line, Picard and He-man. Halo has Dare, Palmer, and Forge. Call of Duty Horseback Assault, CLAW, and various other sets gave some, but I tried to list some if the cheaper options.
Best options, are still those Star Trek sets that I mentioned. Me, I'm planning on trying to paint the hair, on some, a different color, to get some more variety.

The problem with Star Trek, other than the Security cannon fodder, is they are recognisable (admittedly I hadn't considered the Klingons).
The Heroes are tricky to get in the UK. I have Dare and Palmer (just because I needed females... which sounds desperate). I even have Teela who is perfect for a certain character BUT I dread to open her just yet. I have He-Man but mainly for his chest.
Mason (from Horseback) is likely to be Tony Stark at some point and there's the bloke from the COD Motorbike.
You are right... there are normal heads out there but I need a few and don't want a claw when all I need is a head. :-)

The old Terminator sets are very effective at this problem.

TonyG wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:21 pm
and there's the bloke from the COD Motorbike.
Also Mason, heh. I do like that some of the more recent CoD sets have swappable hats and helmets, allows for more customizability. Could also do gnomes and humans from the World of Warcraft sets.

I apologize if offended anyone lol

It's times like this I do with Mega had at least one running line of theme unspecific blind bags, in a similar form to the Minifigures series by a competitor of theirs. Just a thing to get neat, useful parts from.

Return to “Custom builds & Modifications”