IDEAS & SUGGESTIONS: Sets, Characters, Packs, Brands etc..

General news and information related to Mega Construx
After seeing the new Halo power armor set I think the Exosquad property would make a great line. Each set could be a single character and exo-frame or a double set. There's also a variety of sizes of exo-frames, and infantry characters, that would allow for a variety of product classes at different price points.

Crystal Warriors

Basically a series of sets that include all translucent pieces. Even all the characters are completely translucent. I believe it would make for some beautiful display pieces (and not to mention rather challenging to build, considering that all the pieces would be the same color!). A light up function could also be included, to light up the crystal king on his crystal throne inside his crystal palace. :D

Troop builder packs would be a must as well. Also, imagine the customizing options! You could get multiple packs of ruby, diamond, and emerald warriors and mix up their colors for a truly unique army design. Free build sets would also help the series a lot, and also be useful for hobbyists to purchase for unique water, lava, etc.. style designs in their MOC displays.

One of the best features of this series, is that it would involve fewer costs. No painting required, no stickers, no decals. It also would not require a licensing deal. PLUS it could be Mega Construx new flagship fantasy / medieval series.

Judging by the pricing of certain sets, it seems like translucent parts are more expensive to produce than regular ones. Transparent plastics also tend to be more fragile than the standard ones.

My old translucent odst is broken its arm is busted, its hands are busted, its back pack broke off in his back.

Ooh and this is nearing 500 posts

I would like to see portal or portal 2 sets.

I think an interesting line for Mega to do would be a generic Hanna-Barbera line of sets. I think a good model would maybe be Jonny Quest (or the more modern Real Adventures of Jonny Quest).

There could be a variety of sets at different price points: individual figures in the "heroes" vein of sets with some kind of themed accessories (geographic theme like jungle, desert etc. space, "spy"), smaller building sets like an ATV/bike/horse and set piece, medium sets like ground vehicles, and a larger set like the Quest-jet. What could be interesting about this line would be to use the Halo-scale for the younger characters like Jonny Quest, Jessy Bannon, ,and Hadji and use the COD-scale for the adult characters like Race and Dr. Quest.

To broaden it out to other Hanna-Barbera properties, you could incorporate Scooby-Doo, Space Ghost, Birdman (even Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law), Sealab 2020/2021, Yogi Bear etc. to create a variety of sets aimed at both adult or older youth collectors and younger children in a line that is thematically compatible.

Return to “General discussion”