What happened to Monster High?

Got a question? Ask it here!
I've been supporting the series since the beginning, despite the majority of the sets having a rather boring design. Especially compared to the more advanced builds from other series, even the American Girl sets have nice buildings and rooms by comparison! And finally we get the carnival set, which finally brought a male character to the series (but sadly the only one we may ever get), but is so badly designed that it can't turn properly without characters bumping their heads. I feel badly for the little kids that wanted this set to play with!

So really, it's your fault if the series is failing. You repeatedly give us bland sets and the same characters with new clothing. Why not give us some large, nicer sets? There is SO much material from the cartoons and movies you could use! How about some of the different classrooms, featuring a teacher or two? What about Skull Shores with the natives? Not to mention the villains! There is so much missed opportunity here, and my biggest disappointment is that you didn't even make Howleen. Mattel always makes Twyla in every type of toy series, but seem to forget that Howleen came first, and Twyla is her friend that came AFTER Howleen! Sad! Imagine how nice a Mega Construx set would have been, featuring 13 Wishes Howleen on the oversized throne surrounded by the dark versions of the main characters, as well as the lamp, Gigi, and Whisper. Make it simple and charge $40 for, or put some effort into it (all the cushions, large fancy pillars, etc..) and you could easily make it a $80+ set. It's certainly something I would love to have!

Well I hope that you will bring more of the characters from the Monster High universe to the Mega Construx line in the future, along with sets that have a much better design.

Monster High was great for all the unique pieces: candles, columns, chains etc.

I was also surprised they did not do any of the lines like 7 wishes and gloom beach. I think it would have maybe brought some of the collectors aboard.

Return to “Ask Mega Construx”