Mega Construx and the World of Yootz

General news and information related to Mega Construx
I recently saw a picture of the World of Yootz "Campground Battle" set (as well as a few others) and have to say that I'm extremely disappointed. I was expecting fully articulated figures that could fit into the CoD and/or Halo universe when I first read the description of the set a few weeks ago. @carymega, would you be able to comment on this new line? What's the goal for the "World of Yootz"? Why is this in the Mega Construx lineup and not Mega Bloks? Should we be expecting to see a lot more from this line? Perhaps someone from the development team could explain this?

Thanks!

I'm pretty upset with this too.

OK look. I'm not gonna make a big rant about how much I hate those figures. I'm just gonna say, good job with going bankrupt. This theme is gonna cost ya.

haven't seen any images yet but you guys are making me nervous

Uh oh. Where did you see the picture?

take that back just saw a pic... that has Mattel written all over it, I was so looking forward to this line when I heard about it and now... At least I can look forward to the viking ship.

I have yet to actually find an image of this. I know this might be impossible, but anyone mind telling me where the image of this set is? Like a web search term or part of a link? Thanks!

mrjustin412 wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:33 pm
I have yet to actually find an image of this. I know this might be impossible, but anyone mind telling me where the image of this set is? Like a web search term or part of a link? Thanks!
Bloks Forum has the link. The thread is titled "Cities and Knights"

Well after finding said forum and looking at the post where the photo's originate I can agree on the fact that these look Awful. I mean, I get it, they're for kids, but putting it under the Mega Construx brand isn't a good idea. Not to mention I don't know if these could sell well anyway, since most themes for Mega Bloks, and Construx are usually bought by us collectors or custom figure makers for those kind of purposes, but I don't think these figures or even these sets can be used for customs nor look good on collector's shelves. I am just kinda disappointed and I can only hope for the best of Mega's income on this line. No offense to anyone at Mega.

The community's reaction to these sets has been overwhelmingly negative. Looking forward to input from @carymega.

Return to “General discussion”