Issues with quality control

Builds & Discussions
First off: way to go MB! This is definitely the strongest start to a product line that I can think of.

I have only experienced a few real issues with the two sets I have purchased (Samsara Armory, and the warlock sparrow) both real issues are with the guardians and their armor, and both have arisen from the Samsara armory set.
First- The left elbow of the guardian does not stay in place, if even nudged it will fall out. It is very frustrating as it makes it completely unable to be played with.
Second- The Dead Orbit shoulder armor (not the bond the actual armor) is such a tight fight onto the character's shoulder at first I was unable to fit it on, and after finally getting it on noticed that the fit was so tight that it bent the figures arm (visible deformity around where it connects. Nothing major, but the armor should fit on...)

And now the less important stuff: The warlock from the sparrow is very cool, but the paint that is shown to be gold in some promotional art on the instruction manual is not gold, simply a metallic orange. Honestly I wouldn't even have noticed were it not for the picture of the warlock doing a trick on his sparrow on the back of the instructions. I took matters into my own hands and used a gold paint pen and a black sharpie to touch him up, and now he sports snazzy gold boots (and other details).

Now, finally, back to the main issue: improperly fitted joints and armor in the Samsara Armory set. I contacted MB via customer support for missing/damaged pieces and with one short form, they have sent me a brand new figure.

Way to go MB not only have you produced a kick *** product on all levels (I'm super excited to see what comes next), but you have won me over on your customer support.

Thank you for posting this. I'm ecstatic about this new line, but I've also noticed a few quality issues myself. None as dire as yours fortunately, however I've noticed many of the joints either being too loose or, in worse cases, too tight. The hip joints have been the most commonly loose, while the spare heads on the Hunter armory pack fit on the joint WAY too tightly. When I turn the head on the joint, the ball inside turns with it, bending the neck.

Also, the paint job on some of the heads, particularly the visors, has been very inconsistent, ranging from passable to just downright atrocious.

Return to “Destiny”