4 Battlescape Firebase Project

Tips & Tricks
Once the photo project is done I am definitely moving the firebase onto a Generic Sand Colored Baseplate to keep it intact. I like this thing too much to dismantle it :) I need to find more of those Window Armor pieces and the Armored wheels like on the Rockethog. Just like the armored look better than the more civilian off road looking wheels.

Arcsylver wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:10 pm
Once the photo project is done I am definitely moving the firebase onto a Generic Sand Colored Baseplate to keep it intact. I like this thing too much to dismantle it :) I need to find more of those Window Armor pieces and the Armored wheels like on the Rockethog. Just like the armored look better than the more civilian off road looking wheels.
hmmm not sure of any set that's good to mass for those specific parts.

sadly I only know of maybe 3 that might have the wheels, the standard and blue rocket hogs and maybe the original guasshog but I dunno about that one. I have only seen the window armor on the covenant drone outbreak set thus far. I can get just the truck pretty cheap on eBay if need be. at this point my priority is getting that final firebase and then as a possible extension project iIF I can find one for less than an organ transplant, getting a flood siege set for the landing platform and MAC cannon to add to things.

but at that point it isn't a 4 battlescape sized project anymore and goes standalone :)

Arcsylver wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:39 pm
sadly I only know of maybe 3 that might have the wheels, the standard and blue rocket hogs and maybe the original guasshog but I dunno about that one. I have only seen the window armor on the covenant drone outbreak set thus far. I can get just the truck pretty cheap on eBay if need be. at this point my priority is getting that final firebase and then as a possible extension project iIF I can find one for less than an organ transplant, getting a flood siege set for the landing platform and MAC cannon to add to things.

but at that point it isn't a 4 battlescape sized project anymore and goes standalone :)
lol ya that flood siege ugggghhhh, go for the infection outpost for turret defense add on and the falcon with landing pad for aircraft. that darn siege is hard to work into anything without huge customization and the price is murder. mine was 90$ which is ridicules compared to the average price of it. I did a best offer on a really old listing + there was a bid going on which ended at 180$ for one so it was a distraction.

well, minor disaster today when removing the base from the battles capes in prep for the incoming new baseplates. I had successfully removed it and after storing the battlescapes, went to pick up the now reassembled base and place it on my photo table when ,I am sure you can see what is coming, the base proceeded to come apart. Upon impacting with the hardwood floor, it did a wonderful job of simulating the aftermath of an orbital bombardment.

needless to say, some reconstruction is in order. I am waiting till the new baseplates come in to rebuild thing, provided I can find all the randomly tossed parts from the crumbling. Needless to say, little bummed right now.

But the project carries on! Pics coming once I get the baseplates and get this mess put back together.

Well got the baseplates this weekend and mostly have the base put back to the state it was again before it decided to try low altitude sky diving. Having to put a pause on the project for a bit due to both my parents being in the hospital. But once things settle down and I can afford to get that final firebase set I will finish it up and get the final project pictures taken and posted.

Finally got that photo set of the repaired base on the new baseplate uploaded! Hopefully it will show up quickly.. I will add the gallery to the main post and in this post once it shows up.

Did some more work on the base today and added a third level of floor for the defenders as well as evened out the second level in the rear of the base. Almost done just a few more things to add now.

Well after another $50 worth of Ebay spending the final parts have been purchased. I picked up a handful of random crates, a Covenant Drone Outbreak set minus figures (for the truck and t get the window armor for my rocket hog), and the 4th and final Firebase set. So sometime next week if all goes well this build will be fully complete except for getting 2 Yankee Squad sets to man the base.

Now I just need to think up a proper name for the base. Firebase (UNKNOWN) doesn't quite have that ring to it that this project needs.

Also.... ccbrowning, I know you mentioned you really wanted a Warthog Resistance set but haven't been able to find one for a decent price.I found one available for a decent price. I really wish we had PM's on this site so I could send the link to you directly instead of having to rely on a public post.

Arcsylver wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:30 am
Well after another $50 worth of Ebay spending the final parts have been purchased. I picked up a handful of random crates, a Covenant Drone Outbreak set minus figures (for the truck and t get the window armor for my rocket hog), and the 4th and final Firebase set. So sometime next week if all goes well this build will be fully complete except for getting 2 Yankee Squad sets to man the base.

Now I just need to think up a proper name for the base. Firebase (UNKNOWN) doesn't quite have that ring to it that this project needs.

Also.... ccbrowning, I know you mentioned you really wanted a Warthog Resistance set but haven't been able to find one for a decent price.I found one available for a decent price. I really wish we had PM's on this site so I could send the link to you directly instead of having to rely on a public post.
Firebase Falcon

Return to “Custom builds & Modifications”