General Gallery Contest Planning Forum.

General news and information related to Mega Construx
Update November 7:

There were changes in the Contests as Charlesdunn told me he was retiring so his prize contest is eliminated. This is the list so far.

Muto 112 (Banished contest): November 2021
Spacekamper (Spider-man contest): December 2021

Wetwork9 (Cursed contest): January 2022
ACE_Productions (Halo COD crossover) February 2022
THEranger01 (Marine madness contest) March 2022
iforgotmyname (Special operations contest) April 2022
Mr_beans (Heavy weaponry contest) May 2022
WWIIboy (Wastelander contest) June 2022
DirtWarrior4 and DarthGundam (Toy soldier Contest) July 2022
FireChampion43 (HALO 3 ODST MOC contest) August 2022

Could we move the toy soldier contest to July please?

DarthGundam wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:03 pm
Could we move the toy soldier contest to July please?
Okay, it's noted right now on the list.

I’m going to try to make my entry for the banished contest today if I’m not busy.

For those who are still in the forum and have Contests in place for 2022 read this carefully.

The contests will have changes from December 1 to be able not only to balance the rules but also to be more open in a somewhat unexpected way since there will be 3 contests per month.

But how could it be fair? Reusing the previous idea a little, I would add one more Contest but to balance things it would be more or less this way.

If for example if we are in July then the Contests could run like this:

Independence Day custom contest

MOTU diorama contest

And outside photo contest

This could not only give a balance but also a variation since all the Contests currently have been focusing on customs and not on other topics.

This would also give more opportunity for new members to participate in the Contests that interest them on this topic. And since there are not as many members as before, the Gallery is less likely to be flooded with so many entries. And so there could be a balance between entries and posts that are not related to the Contests.

. Which if you still want to keep your Contest standing, I will make a post on the first of December so that you can choose the new date of your contest or change your mind.

more details in the gallery post that will come today soon.

Yeah you may want to talk to geo his war contest is dragging on and old and new users are leaving in droves. Soon there won't be a gallery if there nobody posting. Geo says he's happy people are leaving and made this comment "I might extend the War just because it's working, the people who don't like to post, are leaving. The show goes on... maybe to Christmas and beyond."
So if you can reign him in, all of us users would be more happy

WhoThCares wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:25 pm
Yeah you may want to talk to geo his war contest is dragging on and old and new users are leaving in droves. Soon there won't be a gallery if there nobody posting. Geo says he's happy people are leaving and made this comment "I might extend the War just because it's working, the people who don't like to post, are leaving. The show goes on... maybe to Christmas and beyond."
So if you can reign him in, all of us users would be more happy
You have a good way of putting it. I’m even thinking of leaving myself not permanently but for a little while.

If it goes to christmas, may g o d have mercy on his soul. He said last week it ends next week. It would be the month mark for contests.

I already tried to speak to him in a nice way before but he has been ignoring me all these days thinking that we only want to put order on mods when we have not violated any rules of them and the only thing we have tried to do is help others. He is too blinded thinking of himself and not others believing the good when he does not look at others. Officially he is already an arrogant and immature person who does not know how to fix situations that could be arranged with kindness.

NatoGreavesy wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:17 pm
The twisted thing is that he actually thinks he's somehow helping by harassing everyone and defying the contest system for the heck of it.
While I find his unruly behavior a bit aggravating, the contest system exists because some of us agreed on it. There never was any site rules preventing geo from doing things on his own.

Return to “General discussion”