Please help with assortment skus!

Got a question? Ask it here!
This seems like a small thing, but I think it is leading to the main problem with people finding the current series in store.

Each assortment re-uses the same sku for every new series. That means for Halo Heroes, series 3 uses the same sku as series 10 - CNC84.

Please, please consider changing the skus for each wave of an assortment. This would allow stores to order the newest stock, which people want.

I started my own store to try to help people get the products they are looking for. I thought Walmart and Toysrus were working through their stock, having thousands in their distribution centres. In reality, they are being shipped stock as ordered from Mattel, to the stores. Mattel is not using "First In, First Out" with these products, which is why stores are restocking with older waves.

I ordered Halo Heroes, got series 8. (mid-2018)
I ordered Halo blind bags, and got Spirit of Fire. (mid-2018)
I ordered Halo Drop Pods, and got the original selection. (early 2018)
I ordered Halo Fireteams, and got the 2020 assortment, which is actually newer than I expected.

I would have ordered 10 cases of Heroes, and 10 cases of blind bags if I knew they were going to be current, because people would buy them. Instead, I've been sent discontinued stock as new stock.

Don't worry about me, I will deal with it. I'm just begging you to please make the change to help everyone get the new stock!

Return to “Ask Mega Construx”