Modifying the Kodiak

Tips & Tricks
So I figured out a way to relieve the stress on the gun and make it not so top heavy. Part of the problem was where the gun connects, there are only 2 connection pieces, and as the gun is pretty heavy, they can't really take the stress and that's why a lot of people are complaining about the gun tilting downwards at a certain angle when they go to put the gun in siege mode.

I figured out that if you added a third connection piece, it's able to take more of the stress and you can pose the gun without it tilting when you have it at a certain angle. And I also made a holding claw, like the ones you see on modern day self propelled artillery, for the barrel so that it doesn't jiggle when you roll the vehicle around. (I took a few pics, but wasn't able to submit them.)

What have you done to modify the Kodiak?

Hey there, If you spend some quality time poring over Googled screen grabs of the in-game Kodiak, you'll realize that MB's cannon mount really leaves a lot to be desired. In fact while I found the official stock build quite handsome to look at, there were LOTS of opportunities for a custom builder to create a more game game-accurate build. Here are a few gallery links to some "before & after" pics of my custom Kodiak rebuild...

I indeed modified mine aswel. I managed just about anything that needs to be improved. Of course I pretty much cloned Mr. Hoffman build but with a bit sprinkle of in-game and my style.
I don't know when I'll show it out because I don't have any other builds that's available til I finished the big one and that big one won't be done for awhile. I'll say I'll release it... Say in mid February or so.....

VinceHoffman wrote:Hey there, If you spend some quality time poring over Googled screen grabs of the in-game Kodiak, you'll realize that MB's cannon mount really leaves a lot to be desired. In fact while I found the official stock build quite handsome to look at, there were LOTS of opportunities for a custom builder to create a more game game-accurate build. Here are a few gallery links to some "before & after" pics of my custom Kodiak rebuild...

Wow, just... dude, you've blown my mind! That is some serious high quality work!

Return to “Custom builds & Modifications”