Halo vs COD Figure System

Got a question? Ask it here!
First things first I like both the Halo line and the COD line so this has nothing to do with the theme (aka Line) but simply with the different figure system they have used. I have always wondered why did mega bloks didn't keep the same COD system for halo, assassins creed or for any other line. Cod was the first line to come out with fully articulated figures so I wonder why they didn't stick with the COD for all of there other lines?

My guess is that they wanted to make the New Articulated Halo figures more compatible with the old halo figures, since they both had the same type of hands. Maybe it was because halo was their cash cow and mega wanted to make everything else compatible with halo other than Destiny which was the line they tried the hardest with. (What I mean about Destiny is that they put more paint jobs on figures). Unfortunately I know it's kind of unrealistic (Possible but a lot of work) for them to make Halo and all other lines compatible to the COD/Destiny Figure system at this point and time. I hope mega construx makes more lines with figures that use the COD/Destiny system. I would be buying more sets for sure, simply just because of the figure system since it's better. The other system is okay, Still fun to play but can't really compare with COD/Destiny. At least I can swap out their heads.

Here all the lines I can name at the top of my head that use Halo System
- Halo
- Masters of the Universe
- Game of Thrones
- Star Trek
- Assassins Creed
- Terminator
- TMNT (Micheal Bay version)
- TMNT (Classic 80s version excluding turtle figures)
- Heroes (All the other little figure packs like aliens, *** of War, etc)

Heres all the lines that do COD System
- Call Of Duty
- Destiny
- Some older Mega Construx probuilders who had a mix of parts

Anyways I wanna Know what y'all think about this, do you like the Halo figure system or would you have preferred halo be done in COD style entirely for all human figures (Including spartans to make them taller) and not just some legs of marines. Also Mega Construx I'm very happy that you went with COD legs for halo infinite marines, I just hope you can do the entire figure just like COD with COD detailed hands, torso, arms, everything next time but it's a step in the right direction.

Looking at sets from the past few years, it certainly seems like the two systems are slowly being consolidated. Destiny figures had shorter pins in their arms, so their limbs were interchangeable with the other figures. Destiny figs also used the same types of armour attachments as the Halo line did (some of the shoulder armour is even being used for the Infinite marines now). CoD straps fit perfectly on the unarmoured leg parts used by Assassin's Creed and Heroes figs. The leg armour from brute figures fits perfectly on CoD/Destiny thighs. The Probuilder line and recent Halo Infinite marines openly mix parts from both figure types.

Personally, I'm okay with the difference between the two lines. I like being able to use CoD and Destiny parts to kitbash my elites and brutes into being bigger than the marines, as they should be. But, that said, I wouldn't object to all lines being transferred to the Destiny style. I much prefer CoD/Destiny hand pieces, the slight forward angle with which they hold weapons looks more realistic and organic.

Given that CoD and Halo are intellectual properties belonging to different companies. I would not be surprised if the license contracts include a paragraph requiring Mega to make figures for either one property that were not immediately compatible with the other.

Something similar happened when Games Workshop (Makers of miniatures for WH40K, Warhammer and several other boardgames) acquired the Lord of the Rings license. They had to make the LotR minis in a style and scale that were not interchangeable with their existing miniature range.

Return to “Ask Mega Construx”