Distribution is still a problem

Got a question? Ask it here!
ratss454 wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:52 pm
Look I know there are issues with local distribution, but I have had no trouble getting new/old sets for their base price *sometimes even lower than normal on occasion* online, you just have to be thrifty, and know when/where to shop.
i don't think that's the problem anymore dude, i'm actually in between jobs rn and for the last 9 months i've been waiting going in and out of store time and time again, i used to have money but 9 months later and i'm a little uncertain. i am disappointed, i'm a real collector, i don't expect something new every month but every few months should not be a problem for a big company i don't want them to loose out on valuable assets, that keep one of my favorite toy brands going if they make new sets people will come i guarantee, because i watch how many figures get stolen, biweekly i see so many mega toys stolen it makes me see what mega is doing wrong, i think the 5 dollar/ 3 dollar bags are too tamper prone they need to go back to making 5 figure sets, everyone liked those anyways; AS USUAL MORE DETAIL, AND BETTER STANDARDS, DOES NOT EQUAL DISASTER IF ANYTHING AS CONSUMERS YOU SHOULD BE ON OUR SIDE

Here is a thought and it's what I do. Yes I look at the Walmarts and toys r us up here in Canada for the new stuff and I am fairly caught up. Only missing series 5 and the 3 solo armories. When i can't find new stuff i go looking for the older sets that i dont have online. That has paid off for me really well and with what i have got in the last couple months. It does require patience to find it out there and at the right price.

What person can't get it through his head that Amazon and EE don't open preorders before they make their orders through the Mattel distribution? Stop telling me that it's not Mega/Mattel's fault that online retail can't fulfill an order.

Canadian retail online or otherwise doesn't help American buyers.

Targets around here have empty shelves. Amazon has never fulfilled preorders WalMart com is full of scalpers. Meijer has given up on selling new stuff larger than troop packs.

It's pretty poor. And Mega still hasn't bothered to respond with anything than "we're trying". And that's clearly not good enough.

And why are people defending them? That's the most ridiculous part of all of this. How isn't this Mattel/Mega's fault?

Let's break this down.

You are making your orders through third-party online retailers. Those retailers are failing to fulfil your orders. Therefore, you should be pestering them as to why they're consistently offering false promises and poor service.

If that fails, perhaps you should instead take your complaints to Mattel customer service, since they're Mega's parent company, and (I would assume) are at least partially responsible for distribution. You're barking up the wrong tree by coming to the community forum where the only MCX employees are web moderators and set designers.

You're indignantly demanding answers in a place they can't be found, from people who can't give them. There is no one here who can help you with your problem, beyond the assurances that have already been offered.

More so, if you're so angry about MCX, why are you still here? Go buy Competitor brands who totally don't have anything to do with buying out Mega's shelf space...

Have you ever tried to ask questions through Mattel's site? It sucks.

And, again, I go to Mega because when retailers tell me they are canceling orders because Mattel isn't fulfilling their orders, that seems like a pretty good indicator of where the problem is.

I voice my concerns in the only area where I can. Moderators and the creative team are certainly closer to the root of the problem than anywhere else I can go to ask why orders aren't being filled.

And, honestly, I'd like to buy the product, they just aren't providing me with that opportunity. And I'm not expecting them to produce new items all the time, I just want reasonable accessibility to the items that are supposedly already released.

Again, I cite the Marauder set. What happened there? Will there be a reissue? Are the turrets the next sets to never happen in my local retail area?

What would be the better question to ask of Mega in these forums, "Gosh, that new stuff is neat, can you show some more stuff that probably won't make it to my local market region?"

Finally, you don't have to respond to this thread. You don't even have to read this thread. You can ignore it.

And Amazon sent me a notice of cancelation for my wave five Heroes orders today due to "lack of availability".

Hicks_Royel wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:12 pm
And Amazon sent me a notice of cancelation for my wave five Heroes orders today due to "lack of availability".
to be fair I've had better luck at targets recently but i still think we need to keep distribution a priority so this never happens again

The nearest Target stores to me, an hour away, haven't restocked with any effort since Detective Pikachu sets were initially released.

It's a waste of time and fuel for me to drive all the way out there for nothing but an empty shelf. One trip out of my way and I am better off paying the scalper rates on eBay.

I was lucky enough to find the newest Armor sets recently at a store further out of my but after considering it was a three hour round trip, I probably broke even to paying aftermarket mark-up.

If WalMart were carrying the brand, I'd be sitting pretty as there are three of them on my commute home from work. As it is, I got lucky to find the Wave Five Heroes at a Kroger but they don't carry anything larger than the four figure packs anymore and their prices are usually above average retail.

This is why I rely heavily on Amazon and EntertainmentEarth and why it's frustrating to get cancelation notices after months of having something on preorder.

Welcome to the club of users with no MCX stores.
Guess I'll add your country to the list featuring all nations in the EU with the exception of Britain who has Toys'r'us.

Return to “Ask Mega Construx”