Miniature cloths.

Tips & Tricks
Hey guys, I’ve been doing customs for quite a long while but one of the things I’ve always wanted to do but couldn’t quite grasp was what to use to make neck scars, shemaghs (I think that’s how it’s spelt), bandanas, and capes. I don’t know if I need to use real cloth cut to scale, but how do I keep that in one shape? Do I mold it with green stuff or modeling clay? I don’t know. There’s a ton of custom makers here that surpass my skill level by miles. That’s why I need your opinions!

I’m planning on making a Voidwalker Wraith right now, but can’t finish until I figure this out. Thanks for reading, I hope someone has an answer. Peace!

Spartanz19 wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:53 pm
Hey guys, I’ve been doing customs for quite a long while but one of the things I’ve always wanted to do but couldn’t quite grasp was what to use to make neck scars, shemaghs (I think that’s how it’s spelt), bandanas, and capes. I don’t know if I need to use real cloth cut to scale, but how do I keep that in one shape? Do I mold it with green stuff or modeling clay? I don’t know. There’s a ton of custom makers here that surpass my skill level by miles. That’s why I need your opinions!

I’m planning on making a Voidwalker Wraith right now, but can’t finish until I figure this out. Thanks for reading, I hope someone has an answer. Peace!
If you have Competitor capes I hear they work well

Ive been wodering the same thing. Any cloth should work just use super glue to seal the edges (also you can use elmers glue with water to shape it to your fig)

Interesting. I’ve noted both of your recommendations.

Ill see if I can Send nato your way. He's done a lot of stuff with fabric and string.

Personally, I just use regular bits of fabric and cut it down to side. I sometimes use thread to tie the capes, sashes, etc. down.

Another way to do it is dipping the cloth piece into white glue diluted with water, shape it while it dries and then dip it a couple times more to get the thickness and /or add the coloring you need by mixing in a bit of acrylic paint to the solution.

Return to “Custom builds & Modifications”