Lets talk flood

Builds & Discussions
So whats the flood? Does MCX make a lot of these figures? Whats the sets so I can look on ebay for them. I need some of these things I think for my comic but since I have never played Halo I know nothing about them. Thanks for any answers and your time.

Okay, the Flood. The creatures who exist only to prove that space is a scary place that we should never explore. Ugly, loud, and... uh... ugly. The little squishy blobs (Infection Forms) are the pests. They really don't pose a threat unless encountered in a large swarm, as they are easily squished. Infection Forms can take control of a host body (e.g. a human, Elite, or Brute) to create a Combat Form. Combat Forms pose a large threat, and they are capable of using weapons (they're rather inaccurate however) and can leap fair distances with ease. They also have a large claw/whip appendage where one of their host's arms used to be.
During the intial stages of a Flood outbreak, the Flood is very primitive. They are a swarm, and rely on sheer numbers instead of strategies. In this stage, they gather biomass (the deceased, or living beings unsuitable for conversion into a Combat Form) to create the creature know as the Proto-Gravemind. A Proto-Gravemind is the start of the Flood's true terror, as the creature can absorb the knowledge of the fallen. This allows the Flood to make use of tactics, and learn how to operate more complex machines. As the Proto-Gravemind grows, it will eventually turn into a Gravemind. This is when things get really bad. The Gravemind controls the entirety of the Flood, and holds vast knowledge. This knowledge even includes the knowledge of past Graveminds. This stage will see the Flood make use of ships to travel across the galaxy to infect new worlds. But it can get worse. Far worse. Eventually, a Gravemind will become a Keymind. This is when the Flood have taken most of the Galaxy they are in, and the next step will be to move outwards. Intergalactic travel. One galaxy after another, the parasite feeds. Luckily, the Forerunners managed to wipe out the Milky Way's Flood infestation before it could leave our galaxy. At the cost of their own lives, they saved trillions more. There are others who can do a better job at explaining this than I can. I'd suggest Halopedia's article on the Flood, or to look on Youtube for a video explaining these horrible beasts.

From what I recall, Flood figures are somewhat rare.
A few sets (off of memory):
-Flood Invasion
-Flood Hunters
-Flood Siege
-Flood Infected Cyclops
Those are the one I can remember. Also, a quick note. There are no super-articulated Flood figures (except for the Flood Spartans), they are all the old articulation.

*Erherm* Halopedia *cough cough*

There's a lot of extended lore and backstory to the Flood, but the basic gist of it is that they're parasitic space zombies. The squishy little ones burrow into other creatures and mutate them into emaciated, angry, screeching things.

Most of the major MCX Flood sets rather helpfully have the word Flood in the name, so searching 'Mega Bloks Flood' should turn up most of the major ones.

EDIT: https://www.megaconstrux.com/en-us/worl ... tion=flood

Alot of the older flood sets are quite expensive however.

RedThree wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:36 am
Okay, the Flood. The creatures who exist only to prove that space is a scary place that we should never explore. Ugly, loud, and... uh... ugly. The little squishy blobs (Infection Forms) are the pests. They really don't pose a threat unless encountered in a large swarm, as they are easily squished. Infection Forms can take control of a host body (e.g. a human, Elite, or Brute) to create a Combat Form. Combat Forms pose a large threat, and they are capable of using weapons (they're rather inaccurate however) and can leap fair distances with ease. They also have a large claw/whip appendage where one of their host's arms used to be.
During the intial stages of a Flood outbreak, the Flood is very primitive. They are a swarm, and rely on sheer numbers instead of strategies. In this stage, they gather biomass (the deceased, or living beings unsuitable for conversion into a Combat Form) to create the creature know as the Proto-Gravemind. A Proto-Gravemind is the start of the Flood's true terror, as the creature can absorb the knowledge of the fallen. This allows the Flood to make use of tactics, and learn how to operate more complex machines. As the Proto-Gravemind grows, it will eventually turn into a Gravemind. This is when things get really bad. The Gravemind controls the entirety of the Flood, and holds vast knowledge. This knowledge even includes the knowledge of past Graveminds. This stage will see the Flood make use of ships to travel across the galaxy to infect new worlds. But it can get worse. Far worse. Eventually, a Gravemind will become a Keymind. This is when the Flood have taken most of the Galaxy they are in, and the next step will be to move outwards. Intergalactic travel. One galaxy after another, the parasite feeds. Luckily, the Forerunners managed to wipe out the Milky Way's Flood infestation before it could leave our galaxy. At the cost of their own lives, they saved trillions more. There are others who can do a better job at explaining this than I can. I'd suggest Halopedia's article on the Flood, or to look on Youtube for a video explaining these horrible beasts.

From what I recall, Flood figures are somewhat rare.
A few sets (off of memory):
-Flood Invasion
-Flood Hunters
-Flood Siege
-Flood Infected Cyclops
Those are the one I can remember. Also, a quick note. There are no super-articulated Flood figures (except for the Flood Spartans), they are all the old articulation.
Can't forget about the flood pure forms! The flood pure forms are creatures made entirely out of flood biomass. They have the ability to transform between 3 forms a large bipedal creature with a huge arm (tank form), a spider like creature who can move very fast (and I believe climb walls), and the final form is a immobile turret like form that shoots spikes. Unfortunately the only form of these in mega we have is the tank form.
Fun fact: In a few rare cases infection forms have been known to grow inside a infected hosts back

Almost forgot but pure forms can only be created at a certain stage into the infection, was it that a gravemind was needed?

Please give us flood! Just a set with like 7 infection forms and two tank forms!? Pleeeeeaaaase

"One single Flood spore can destroy a species."- Rtas Vadum

If you want more info on the flood lore wise go check out HiddenXperia

Thanks everyone. I was able to get what I needed to know and got a few off ebay, I think they will work for what I need.

Return to “Halo”