Corruption and Its Consequences- Sci-Fi Story (Maybe RP)

Tell your own story!
SrgtGreen wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:22 am
81Ceta_Deta wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:30 pm
Rogue- Very neat, i'd like to include some more organizations.

Green- That's pretty good.

I'll be writing more, probably for Celestial POV
Thanks. I’m new to this sort of thing. I Don’t always know when/where to add details to the story, the characters, and to the environment and when to keep it vague. Any advice?
If you're doing something really unexpected, keep it vague. Other than that, don't insert a bunch of characters and then use a couple. only add characters you'll actually use.

Spartanz19 wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:36 am
SrgtGreen wrote:
81Ceta_Deta wrote:

Thanks. I’m new to this sort of thing. I Don’t always know when/where to add details to the story, the characters, and to the environment and when to keep it vague. Any advice?
My advice is to add as much detail as you can, that way you can literally see it when you’re reading. Sometimes people won’t even realize all the details, but it’s still important to have them there.

Also, making your characters interesting is important. Make the readers attached to them, or hate them, in one way or another. Adding details of their appearance is very important as well.

As to keeping it vague, I usually keep it vague when I’m introducing a new character whose role is very secretive or dark. Such as a bounty hunter or assassin.

I hope these help, I’ve been writing here for three years, so if you have anything specific to ask, I’m always here.
Just gonna bump this over here.

Spartanz19 wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:36 am
SrgtGreen wrote:
81Ceta_Deta wrote:

My advice is to add as much detail as you can, that way you can literally see it when you’re reading. Sometimes people won’t even realize all the details, but it’s still important to have them there.

Also, making your characters interesting is important. Make the readers attached to them, or hate them, in one way or another. Adding details of their appearance is very important as well.

As to keeping it vague, I usually keep it vague when I’m introducing a new character whose role is very secretive or dark. Such as a bounty hunter or assassin.

I hope these help, I’ve been writing here for three years, so if you have anything specific to ask, I’m always here.
Okay. Thanks a lot for the advice. I’ll try to implement the ideas you provided.

I introduce a main character, and over the basis of the story i add more details to get people to like him more and then either kill him off or let him live. I introduce details of the characters looks on a key. I introduce facts about the characters (e: family) when it would be best to introduce. Ex. My character will be meeting up with his sister again, and i'll include some facts about what happened before the war.

I don't go full out descriptive, but i do sometimes do that.

81Ceta_Deta wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:56 am
I introduce a main character, and over the basis of the story i add more details to get people to like him more and then either kill him off or let him live. I introduce details of the characters looks on a key. I introduce facts about the characters (e: family) when it would be best to introduce. Ex. My character will be meeting up with his sister again, and i'll include some facts about what happened before the war.

I don't go full out descriptive, but i do sometimes do that.
Okay. Got it.

I also get a core group of about 6 or 7 characters that I don't kill off, and then get a TON of unnamed side characters that are usually doomed to die.

nigelninja11 wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:05 pm
I also get a core group of about 6 or 7 characters that I don't kill off, and then get a TON of unnamed side characters that are usually doomed to die.
Yeah. I see that a lot in other things like Imperial Campaign. I have one last question. Are these all unguided, never interacting stories, or will it eventually come together.

Z19 wandered the streets for hours before finding the target. The target just left the public transport and was heading towards the downtown area. Z19 kept a good distance behind and tailed the target. The target sat down at a classical restaurant for a few hours before heading out. He walked out and it was currently 8:50.
“Not too much time.” Z19 thought.
After following the main flow of traffic for awhile, the target took a left and walked down an alley cautiously. He frequently checked behind him and around corners. Once he got to a corner he called out,
“Hey! Franklin? You here?!”
A man in poor clothes walked from behind a pile of boxes.

“Hey, you git the stuff?”

“Yes, it’s all in here.”

The young man pulled open the box and handed over something odd. A trigger of sorts.

The man, who could safely be assumed as a terrorist, snatched the device as quick as possible.

“Did you arm the bombs for it, too?”
“Yes, they’re armed and ready for your plan.”
“Good, take this. You’ve done well today, kid.”

The man handed a stack of black credits, worth thousands each, as well as a card of sorts.

“Meet me again if you’re interested in our cause.”

The meeting was almost over and Z19 rushed behind the CGC traitor. He used his Black Operations special order wrist injector to incapacitate the traitor. The injector utilizes syringes loaded with Alesophynize, a liquid that can tranquilize in small doses and kill at high doses, useful for asset containment or agent suicide. Z19 chose the smaller dose.

The young man slouched over and the terrorist saw the CGC Black Ops Agent standing behind him. Z19 threw the traitor aside and approached the terrorist.

“Stand down before I engage lethal force!”
“On the contrary, I have prepared for such a happening. Boys! Rough up our little ‘tough’ friend here.”

A swarm of terrorists surrounded Z19 armed with blunt and sharp weapons ranging from pipes, holoknives, to pistols. He rushed the guy with a pistol and swept his legs out from under him and aided gravity by shoving the man into the ground face first. Someone with a holoknife ran towards Z19, but ended up with his own knife through his skull. One thug managed to hit Z19’s back with a pipe and knock him down. Z19 regained composure and kicked his knee out followed by a deadly dosage of Alesophynize. The remaining two terrorists rushed at the same time. The one on the left was kicked back while the right one was grabbed by the arm and flipped over. He twisted the arm around twice before letting the terrorist writhe in pain. The last man once again rushed and missed, only to be kicked down and killed by lethal injection. Z19 called to his operators,

“Ugh, guys, I incapacitated the traitor but was ambushed by a group of terrorists. They’ve been terminated but the main subject has fled and is ready to activate bombs throughout the city. I need assistance right now. Over!”

Static, nothing but it.

nigelninja11 wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:45 pm
So because Wasteland, helping with Megatale, FTG, and other general life stuff, I don’t want to write for this. However, I do want to read this, and I want to insert a couple characters in this. Feel free to use them and have free reign with them (within reason*)! Here’s the characters and a brief description:

Nigel James Thompson
Position: Senator in the CGC
Weapon: Old style revolver. Kept in his desk drawer.
Description: A charming family man who strives for the right thing in a corrupt society.

Sally Anne Thompson
Position: Nigel’s Wife
Description: Strong, supportive, but down to earth wife. A perfect foil for Nigel.

Cailin Lee Thompson
Position: Nigel’s Daughter
Description: Takes after her father. Has a taste for adventure, but sometimes doesn’t know when she’s in over her head.

David Tabrizi
Position: Nigel’s Bodyguard
Description: Loyal bodyguard, and good friend. Well trained.

*”Within reason” means no killing. No changing things about their personalities randomly. Nothing that would make me go, “WOAH WOAH WOAH! Back up!!”
Consult me for big decisions by using the invisible text trick.
Updated Tabrizi’s age. Let’s see more Ceta!

Return to “Roleplay & Fanfiction”