Daughters of Athena

Got a question? Ask it here!
I would love to see more heroines in the heroes line. Here's a few to consider:
1) Deunan Knute from Appleseed (preferably the eye patched Deunan from the later issues). And of course Briareos MUST be included although he would probably have to be Destiny scale.
2) Joan of Arc/Jeanne d'Arc. One of my favorite REAL LIFE heroines, no license necessary.
3) Leela from Futurama. I don't know if MCX still has the license, but it would be nice to at least complete the trio of Fry, Bender and Leela (with Nibbler as an accessory).

But of course heroines need villainesses, so here's some:
1) Xenomorph Queen (maybe the same scale as the GoT dragon?)
2) Catwoman from '60s Batman (Julie Newmar, of course). Is she bad, good, misundetstood? Who cares, she's awesome! (Yeah I know MCX doesn't have the DC license, but one can dream). Also, I understand there's some kind of dynamic duo/caped crusaders or something? I guess you include them in the heroes line too.
3) The Duras sisters, Lursa and B'Etor. These Klingon bad girls were a thorn in EVERYONE'S side. They even managed to destroy the Enterprise with a junky, clunky, twenty year old bird of prey!
On a side note,
rest in peace Barbara March
(October 9, 1953 - August 11, 2019).

So which heroines/villainesses would you all love to see in the heroes line?

I think you misunderstood the "historical" in historical heroes on my thread when you suggested this.

Historical: something iconic from the past that actually happened, not some crazy fan fiction.

It's not fan fiction. At least not the ones I know of that he listed. They are from other mieda, although it's true he missed what you ment. This thread shouldn't exist. These should be posted in the heroes suggestions thread.

Survivor11 wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:47 pm
I think you misunderstood the "historical" in historical heroes on my thread when you suggested this.

Historical: something iconic from the past that actually happened, not some crazy fan fiction.
I was referring to Joan of Arc actually, not the fictional characters. I know THEY'RE not real, but they are heroic/villainous women. If you're referring to the name of the thread, it's not a term I made up, it actually refers to empowered women and girls who make a positive impact on the world through humanitarianism, social activism, feminism etc. as sort of spiritual descendants of the goddess Athena.
You know, HEROIC WOMEN

Admiral-Sabree wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:56 pm
It's not fan fiction. At least not the ones I know of that he listed. They are from other mieda, although it's true he missed what you ment. This thread shouldn't exist. These should be posted in the heroes suggestions thread.
I beg to differ, this thread TOTALLY needs to exist. This aspect of heroism has been SORELY neglected for too long and the occasional Wonder Woman or Captain Marvel movie isn't going to remedy it. Where MCX Heroes is concerned, you can count the number of heroines on one hand, out if five series already!

Look, we have enough forced diversity in the film and video game industry. Keep it out of the Toy brands. Mega has been introducing plenty of Femal characters recently. Its great, Even if there not all in heroes waves. I cant think of many femal characters Mega could do that are not from Masters of the Universe. I would love to see Ripley from Aliens and Scully from X-Files in particular.

I've got to agree with the Admiral, although adding Jeanne d'Arc to my list is a good idea.

Keep forced diversity out of toy brands, female characters are coming, unfortunately it just so happens that a lot of prominent historical figures happen to be men.

Admiral-Sabree wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:01 pm
Look, we have enough forced diversity in the film and video game industry. Keep it out of the Toy brands. Mega has been introducing plenty of Femal characters recently. Its great, Even if there not all in heroes waves. I cant think of many femal characters Mega could do that are not from Masters of the Universe. I would love to see Ripley from Aliens and Scully from X-Files in particular.
This

Hmmm, "forced diversity", that's a new one to me. I wonder what it REALLY means...

Weapon_of_Mass_Construxion wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:34 am
Hmmm, "forced diversity", that's a new one to me. I wonder what it REALLY means...
"Forced diversity":

To say that there needs to be a "minority" (there are more women than men, less people of Caucasian aspect than any other "race" in the world, just so that we're on equal footing here) despite literally no one asking.
True equality is when no one cares what the 'gender' of the person or character is, just that they exist(ed).

When you say that there needs to be more women represented, maybe you're right, maybe you're wrong, that is subjective, although literally none of us except you cared enough about the gender of prominent historical figures to make an entire thread about it.

Return to “Ask Mega Construx”