Mark of Shame

Tips & Tricks
Does anyone know how I could make a Mark of Shame when the 10th Anniversary sets come out?

You could try using grey paint, but that’d be pretty hard. Even more challenging would be to use an exacto-knife or something else like that.

Spartanz19 wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:34 pm
You could try using grey paint, but that’d be pretty hard. Even more challenging would be to use an exacto-knife or something else like that.
Thanks, I’m not expecting it to look very good. I think the knife is a good idea.

Murple wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:07 am
Spartanz19 wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:34 pm
Thanks, I’m not expecting it to look very good. I think the knife is a good idea.
Make sure you don’t try to use a normal knife though, it won’t work at all.

I think this is very doable if you look at the build to the side and not from the top (looking down at the stubs)

You could use those parts that are like the figure hands, some people call them C clips.
They would allow you to do the bends/angles.

For the tips at the end there are a few parts that come to a point.

I'm actually tempted to give it a try myself. It seems like an interesting challenge.

Maybe you could print some stickers

jonnyfiyve wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:43 am
I think this is very doable if you look at the build to the side and not from the top (looking down at the stubs)

You could use those parts that are like the figure hands, some people call them C clips.

I'm actually tempted to give it a try myself. It seems like an interesting challenge.
I’m not really sure what you mean by “look at the build to the side and not from the top”. And I want to be able to put the armor over it, and that’s why I’m thinking of cutting it.

Murple wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:34 am
jonnyfiyve wrote:

I’m not really sure what you mean by “look at the build to the side and not from the top”. And I want to be able to put the armor over it, and that’s why I’m thinking of cutting it.
I think jonny thought you just wanted to build a Mark of Shame, not put it on a figure.

RedThree wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:21 pm
Murple wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:34 am
jonnyfiyve wrote:

I think jonny thought you just wanted to build a Mark of Shame, not put it on a figure.
Oh, that makes sense. Yeah, I want to cut it in and mabye paint it.

I'd definitely recommend using some kind of blade pin or needle or blade to cut fine details like that. Then maybe use something equally thin to add some paint.

Return to “Custom builds & Modifications”