Special Edition Breakout Beasts?

Builds & Discussions
So, a friend of mine from 20-miles away told me that his local King Soopers/Kroger stores are selling some sort of "Special Edition Breakout Beasts" and that they come in these Blue Eggs? Has anyone else heard of this or seen such blue eggs and creatures? Could this be something like those Series 1 3-packs? I am curious to drive out there just to see if its true, but we're kinda stuck in the middle of a blizzard with high winds...just wanted to see if anyone else has seen or heard of these "secret" blue eggs? Because I haven't seen anything about it and my searches have turned fruitless.

Your friend may be talking about Crystal Creatures.

JoeFilms wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:43 pm
Don't think so. He was describing new dragon-like creatures, similar to series 1 and 2 lines. And he said the eggs looked just like the gray, red, and green eggs from the previous series, except they were blue with red splotches all over them. Didn't sound like Series 3 either since photos of those showed purple eggs with green splotches.

But if no one else has seen eggs like this elsewhere, once the blizzard and 50mph winds die down, I'll probably try to head over to his town to investigate myself.

SaturnGrl wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:02 pm
JoeFilms wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:43 pm
Don't think so. He was describing new dragon-like creatures, similar to series 1 and 2 lines. And he said the eggs looked just like the gray, red, and green eggs from the previous series, except they were blue with red splotches all over them. Didn't sound like Series 3 either since photos of those showed purple eggs with green splotches.

But if no one else has seen eggs like this elsewhere, once the blizzard and 50mph winds die down, I'll probably try to head over to his town to investigate myself.
Blizzard, understandable.

50mph winds?
I have to bike with winds going just as fast opposing me, to get from point A to B (don't have a drivers license yet, am getting one soon).
So in a car, they're not really an issue.

But that blizzard I can understand.

Survivor11 wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:34 pm

50mph winds?
I have to bike with winds going just as fast opposing me, to get from point A to B (don't have a drivers license yet, am getting one soon).

Well, most commercial bikes have a top speed of 16 mph, and that's with a rider in peak condition. Wind, however is an opposing force, and even at 20 MPH, it can blow cars and trucks off course, and Semi-trucks have a risk of toppling over if the wind is strong enough. 50 MPH is very high, and dangerous to drive in for most vehicles.

SaturnGrl wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:17 pm
Survivor11 wrote:

50mph winds?

Well, most commercial bikes have a top speed of 16 mph, and that's with a rider in peak condition. Wind, however is an opposing force, and even at 20 MPH, it can blow cars and trucks off course, and Semi-trucks have a risk of toppling over if the wind is strong enough. 50 MPH is very high, and dangerous to drive in for most vehicles.
I think you're overestimating wind strength.

50mph averages to 90km/h which is wind strength in a common storm.

All of this science...

I actually like science stuff. But I suck at Biology.

This sounds very interesting... Though I have none of those stores in my area sadly.

Survivor11 wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:38 pm
SaturnGrl wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:17 pm
Survivor11 wrote:

50mph winds?

I think you're overestimating wind strength.

50mph averages to 90km/h which is wind strength in a common storm.
Actually, the average wind speed for a thunder storm is around 32 kilometers per hour, or 20 miles per hour. If a thunderstorm advances to "severe", the winds can get up to 50 kilometers per hour, or 31 miles per hour. And its still not recommended to travel via bike, car, or truck in this kind of weather if you have a choice.

50 is still significantly higher than a severe thunderstorm. Its actually within range of a small tornado, and those can pick up and toss cars around with little effort. According to the F-Scale ranges:
F0: 40 to 72 mph.
F1: 73 to 112 mph.
F2: 113 to 157 mph.
F3: 158 to 206 mph.
F4: 207 to 260 mph.
F5: 261 to 318 mph.
F6: 319 to 379 mph.

We get a good share of tornadoes out here, rarely do we see any F5 or the unicorn F6. And I highly doublt you would ride your bike very well in that kind of wind.
Luckilly, we are a landlocked state, and don't have to worry about hurricanes and typhoons which have a maximum sustained winds of 74 mph or faster. :P

Return to “Breakout Beasts”