The Imperial Campaign

Tell your own story!
The group ran out of the building as fast as possible back onto the landing pad a the small transports were destroyed and some sort of tank waited some sort of large Tesla coils protruded from the hull of the vehicle and the buzz of electricity and arcs of electricity appearing from the coils.

"8 minutes on the clock!" Daniel Shouted.

Z19 ran out of the door electricity arced towards him and missed he yelled "SCATTER!" Alpha ran in all directions around the tank.

011 ran at the tank and another bolt arced
This bolt was close to a billion volts!

Z19 yelled into his comms system after he directed it to Kallin,

“Sir, we’ve been pinned down by some kind of—electric tank? I don’t really care, just get some weapons on that tank!”

Static.

“@&#% it! We’re screwed guys! 011! What are you doing?!”

The supersoldier ran straight up to the tank, showing no fear of the likely death. He sprinted as fast as he could and leaped over the tank, meanwhile dropping a pile of explosives on top. BOOM. There goes the tank.

Suddenly the static was clear, and Z19 could call Kallin clearly.

“Kallin, we need evac right now! Hostiles are starting to make way to us and Endis is not doing too hot!”

Air support and evac was inbound, but how long would it take? The timer was down to four minutes, and evac was predicted to arrive in four and a half. Daniel was pacing around the landing pad as he shot countless marines out of pure stress. Three and a half minutes passed and a team of nearby hawks cleared the way for evac, but there was no sign of it. Z19 set his helmet’s zoom to max and found the evac pelican.

“This is gonna be real close guys!”

It touched down at 0:24, and everyone piled in in less than 5 seconds. They needed to clear the blast radius of the planet in 20 seconds. Z19 grabbed Hex’s hands into his as the timer reached 0:00. It felt like something massive whizzed by the ship before a deafening explosion rocked the ship. The pelican was so hot CC was concerned it would melt. And then a sudden stillness came about them all. They were alive and the Devils just lost everything.

Upon docking on Kallin’s cruiser a ceremonial line had been made around the pelican. Kallin waited at the exit of the ship and greeted the spartans and ODST.

“Good news, Alpha. We won.”

A large celebration took place in the hangar.

“Now, now. I think a proper thanking is required.”

Kallin said as he watched Endis being carted off on a stretcher. He thanked each member of Alpha sincerely and deeply. Then he stopped at 011 and his crew.

“Now you three have been a pain in the @$$ for me *chuckle*. Thank you all for your service the the Red Eagles. I have no idea what your reasons were, but you saved us. Thank you.”

The next morning, a doctor called for Z19, Endis wanted to see him personally.

Z19 nervously walked into Endis’ room and greeted him.

“How are you feeling?”

No response. A long pause followed his response.

“I’m dying. Within the week.”

Tears filled Z19’s eyes. He had a hunch Endis was going to say it, but he still couldn’t hold back the tears. Endis continued,

“I called you in here because you are my closest ally in this war. Even before my days with the Devils, when we were on scouting team X in the UNSC, you’ve always been there for me.”

“I’m so sorry this is happening, Endis.”

“Z19, I called you here for advice. You’re still a young man. I was broken during my days in the ODST. Then I found my Lily. She was everything to me. Then I lost everything. But the good times outweighed the horrible by so much.”

“What are you saying?”

“Z, you love Hex. I know it. Embrace that love. This is your last chance to escape the life of war—

“Endis, I’m a spartan. I literally can’t leave the war life.”

“You can’t. I’m saying that you need to take Hex for your own before it’s too late. You can still have some parts of a normal life. I know that war is the only thing you’ve known since you were kidnapped by the UNSC, but it’s not too late. Do you understand me, spartan?”

“Yes sir, I do.”

“Good, then my final request is that you take Ava under your wings. She deserves a better life than she has now. Take her to the range and on ops. Just please, I can’t die knowing she’s sitting in a cell the rest of her life.”

“I can do that, Endis. I’m sorry it had to end like this.”

The men shook hands for the last time and a single tear dropped from Z19’s face. He turned for one last glance of his great friend, then left to carry on his daily duties.

Astounding bit there, Z19. That was beautiful.

-011 heard Endis was dying.

He'd attempted to assassinate him twice.
Both attempts had failed.
That in of itself would have granted him his respect, but he has also proven himself a worthy fighter.

The Warrior walked in, in the regular UNSC jumpsuit.

Endis looked up as -011 entered, ducking under the doorframe.

"My condolences."

"Why are you here?"

"Because I want you to die without having any hard feelings. Whatever midnight injected you with, it wasn't enough to kill me, fortunately, but you're dying."

"Get to the point."

"Many have wondered what I, we, are. I'm guessing you do too?"

"I wouldn't mind knowing."

"Well, here goes nothing:

We are Orion III B, Project warrior.
Designed to defeat anything in humanities way, during the war. We were to be it's secret weapon. That with which it would reap havoc in the covenant's ranks.
I am almost unkillable, my only true weakness is the fragile area we call the neck, if it is severed, I am effectively dead."

"Uhuh. But what exactly are you? You're definitely not a spartan."

"Well, as I said, I'm a Warrior. But you're right, the augmentations, although similar, are different to those of spartans. I don't know what, you'd have to ask Dr. Arcadia, who is still MIA. What's for sure is that this stuff made us into bigger, better spartans."

"Yeah. I know you're not here just to tell me your life story."

"Fine. Take this."

-011 passed a small metallic object into his hand.

"What is this?"

"An inhibitor control chip, made by ONI for use by ONI's subjects. That's mine by the way. I thought you'd like to see what made me try to kill you repeatedly in the past."

"So you were mind controlled?"

"Pretty much. I hate that thing. You can keep it for as long as you want."

And with that -011 got up and started leaving.

"Wait. No hard feelings, I guess."

"No hard feelings."

-011 nodded and walked out.
He went directly to the armoury and on his way stopped Hex.

"Z19 is in his cabin."

"Wha-"

-011 winked and she suddenly felt herself be pushed in that direction by Angel.

"He's kind of sad, you should go see him."

Hex was confused but went along with it and walked off towards Z19's cabin.

Angel looked at -011.
Her long light brown hair was tied up in a bun and her greenish-blue eyes sparkled.

"We need to find Z19 now."
She gushed.

"Are you seriously going through with this?"

"Yep. Remember, you agreed to help me get them together."

"What did I get myself into?! I only agreed to help you nudge them in the right direction."

"Aw c'mon. You have a soft spot for them just as much as I do now too."

"Yeah, you went from deadly supersoldier to Mamá duck in a month."

"Well, I've heard Z19 is in the mess hall so hurry."

She ran off and -011 groaned.
As much as he loved Angel, sometimes she was really quite the handful.

Once they had located Z19, they repeated the same act, and Z19 wandered off to his room.

"Well, I hope you're happy now. Let's get to the armoury, Joker and Edgy have been kept waiting long enough!"

He grabbed her arm as she smirked.

"I'm coming, geez. We just haven't been able to be so light-hearted in years."

"I'm all for reuniting lost friends, lovers and stuff like that, but you're going heavy on that stuff now that we're out of the fight. -For the time being at least."

He stepped on the automated armour equiper.
As it finished, he went to put on his helmet, Angel's hand stopped him.

"Are you sure you want to leave now?"

"We need to leave. Something big is coming. And I'm not going to sit by and do nothing."

"There's my little -011!"

And she quickly pecked his cheek as he freed himself.

"This is really not the time to get all lovey dovey."

He secured his helmet and grabbed two SMGs.
He attached them to his armour, then grabbed a magnum and tossed it at her.

She caught it and they both walked towards the hangar bays.

Joker and Edgy were waiting for them by a Condor.

"Well, well, well, look who decided to stop 'doing stuff' together."

-011 ignored Edgy's snide remark.

"Well. This is it. If anyone wants to back down, now is the time."

Instead, all four of them made sure their armour was sealed.

"Alright. Let's do this."

All four of them immediately jumped towards an airlock, crashing through it into space, and pushed by their own momentum, they floated away from the ship.
-011 allowed himself a little smile at the thought of some Red Eagles technician being berated. He knew he shouldn't, but his mischief was still present.

As they all floated there, a small shuttle suddenly approached. It was a pelican, and as it neared, the ramp lowered.
Out stepped another massive figure, with his mag boots activated.

He uttered just 4 words.

"Long time, no-see."

He grabbed -011's arm, and pulled him inside. Next was Edgy. Then came Angel. Finally, Joker floated in, and the ramp closed.
Inside were two more figures, and they both looked at them. Finally the cockpit's doors opened and out stepped the fourth and final figure.

-011 spoke first.

"So... How have you guys been. Ya know, since..."

"Fine. We've all been fine. It isn't why we're all here though."

"True. Lucky," he turned to the first figure, "You said you found something of importance in your last transmission?"

"As a matter of fact, I have."

He pulled down the holotable.

"This."

He turned it on and up sprang a hologram of something that made -011 pause.
Finally, he took off his helmet.

"So our worst fears have been confirmed?"

"I'm afraid so."

"One story ends, and another begins."

And as he said this, the pelican's pilot walked to the cockpit and opened up a slipspace portal.
Then they jumped.

That's my Finale for chapter 1.

Daniel sighed, another victory but what did it cost? A piece of his humanity? Another broken man's life? He thought.

Like so many others Endis lost so much, some move on others drown their sorrows and even more end it all....

Daniel considered the final option a few times always stopping himself he couldn't understand how Endis kept on for so long.

He saw Z19 leave the room Endis was in.

Daniel asked " How are things? "

Z19 stared at the ceiling " bad "

Daniel said " I'm sorry to hear that "

Z19 " Don't be. "

Daniel responded " I feel the way your feeling now everyday, regret constantly nags me, the lives I've taken the ones I've lost.

Don't be me, a husk of a man.

Daniel left after saying his goodbyes like many others, he wondered through the dark halls, most of the crew was asleep.

The war had taken its toll on everyone and the flag that could be seen as he entered the hanger was half mast.

He leaned his head against the wall and starred into the cold void of space, stars near and far.

He took a sip from his canteen and drifted off into a much needed sleep.

Thats it. The end chapter one.

Halo reach ashes....

Return to “Roleplay & Fanfiction”