Civilian Build off

Tips & Tricks
Crikey! I'll need to enter soon. I've got a build, maybe two, that I can upload. They'll be small, though.

Well I'm sorry to say, that this build-off appears to have been a bit of a bust...

VinceHoffman wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:47 pm
Well I'm sorry to say, that this build-off appears to have been a bit of a bust...
It's not just this one. It's been like that for over a year. Roebuck's Tank build off and the Halloween build off was really lucky to be successful. People just don't want to participate or got too busy like me to participate. :/

thekiller2468 wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:01 pm
VinceHoffman wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:47 pm
It's not just this one. It's been like that for over a year. Roebuck's Tank build off and the Halloween build off was really lucky to be successful. People just don't want to participate or got too busy like me to participate. :/
Yeah I can either do my comic here or do customs. One or the other.

The winners are

1. VinceHoffman
2. Thekiller2468

The winners are

1. VinceHoffman
2. Thekiller2468

I am gonna post another build off pick one

- WW2 build off
or
- diorama build off

Roebuck wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:17 am

- WW2 build off
or
- diorama build off
I'd prefer diorama: I don't own any WWII sets and I own loads of Dragons. Easy.

Roebuck wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:17 am

- WW2 build off
or
- diorama build off
I'd be able to do something for a diorama challenge.

I think a lot of the competitions come down to accessibility. It's hard to build customs as is, I know I used to do this with my old Iego sets when I didn't take care of my sets in general. Mega had a special problem however of being unable to mass parts efficiently in the desired color. I've seen Jang on YouTube. I watch a lot of his custom city build vids and the one thing I can say is he is constantly buying specific parts in bulk that he wants use and constantly runs out. There s no easy way to do this with mega bloks meaning if you want to do a large custom build you have to buy 10-20 of a large set for general pieces and buy multiples of other sets to get specific pieces if your lacking them and then pray to the mega Lord's above that you wount run out wile building and need to get more parts.

Return to “Custom builds & Modifications”