4 Battlescape Firebase Project

Tips & Tricks
Arcsylver wrote:
Tue May 16, 2017 10:54 pm
Thanks. The Cargo truck is the same one from my Cargo Truck Mod but with the red container instead of the Grey one.

I am still debating on what extras to put into this diorama. The Base takes up so much space I don't have a lot of room for much else lol. By the time I am done with the build I will have potentially 3 warthogs, 2 of the Warthog Resistance set and one of the Flame Warthog minus figures. as far as barricades go best I could do is some simple block structures for the most part. I might be able to put together something but this thing has almost depleted my block supply lol. Lots of leftovers but not much in the way of useful blocks left for anything too complicated.

I was originally going to set up the smaller turrets on the "hills" in the corners of the battlescapes but decided to use the towers on the base itself to give the Larger turrets more clearance on the walls. They were just barely clipping the grid work on the front wall so I used the smaller gun towers to elevate them higher for better clearance. My problem at the moment is who to put inside the base. All my marines are manning those turrets and the Warthog at the moment so all I have to work with are a couple of Stingray Spartan teams , Jorge, Kat, Kelly, and a couple extra spartans other than my Heroes series figures I have as far as the newer articulation figures go. I have some random older style figures I could use but again, mostly spartans.

I am new to mega blocks collecting so I don't have much in the way of things just yet but the firebase definitely make for a nice setting for some pictures at least :).

One thing I did do on this was remove the "modularity" feature the firebase come with. Those pins are just too much of a pain to get in and out and it kept popping apart if I needed to move the corners from the walls. Instead I went with a more traditional overlapping block setup that makes it much easier to remove wall sections as needed. I do think I am going to remove the terrain plates from under the corners and just use the Battlescapes as the base directly. That way if I tear this down I can uncouple the sections and store them already built easily and have a nice flat base to work with instead of the uneven base the terrain plates make on the bottoms of the walls. I didn't realize initially that the terrain plates were two plates thick when I built the wall sections which made mine one plate too short and had to double up on the plate blocks to make things equal height.
lol ya there two bricks up. I kept the modular system for the simple fact that mine needs to be easy to move. its clunky but effective. with the firebase mount though why bother with the pegs they are indeed a pain.

True. I basically use top bricks to lock the sections together. Looking into options fir the bottom. Thinking if ordering some large generic baseplates online to do a semi permanent setup I can easily move as needed.

Arcsylver wrote:
Wed May 17, 2017 4:56 am
True. I basically use top bricks to lock the sections together. Looking into options fir the bottom. Thinking if ordering some large generic baseplates online to do a semi permanent setup I can easily move as needed.
ya that should do it actually.

I just measured the base and it is roughly 15 inches square give or take. There are some 15.75 x 15.75 generic baseplates on amazon for relatively cheap that will work beautifully , I can double them up for added rigidity. And it will cover the silver section perfectly on the Battlescape.

Arcsylver wrote:
Wed May 17, 2017 12:37 pm
I just measured the base and it is roughly 15 inches square give or take. There are some 15.75 x 15.75 generic baseplates on amazon for relatively cheap that will work beautifully , I can double them up for added rigidity. And it will cover the silver section perfectly on the Battlescape.
Sounds like a plan!

Progress report of the week:

Removed all the base plates from the main sections of the firebase and directly attached the entire thing to the Battlescapes. Looks much better. I have also been working on the interior layout of the main level and created from scratch the Command and Control center station for the base. I think it turned out pretty good.

Also decided to remove the Stingray Machine gun turrets in favor of something with a bit more punch. See the gallery for The Project, Stage 2.5 for that one :)

EDIT: Space reserved for adding the gallery insert once it goes live. (in theory this link SHOULD work once it does)

I decided to go ahead and flesh out the interior a bit and take some shots of the Daily Routine at the firebase.

Arcsylver wrote:
Sat May 20, 2017 6:30 am
I decided to go ahead and flesh out the interior a bit and take some shots of the Daily Routine at the firebase.

I really want that Resistance Warthog! It's so expensive though.

I have manage to snag a couple for $30-$40 shipped on ebay.

ccbrowning5 wrote:
Sun May 21, 2017 12:28 am
Arcsylver wrote:
Sat May 20, 2017 6:30 am

? how much is it? I got one for 20$ a week ago from a Spartan forum seller. you saying I should get his other one?

Return to “Custom builds & Modifications”