Types of guns that have come out so far

Builds & Discussions
I been mulling this over, mega has made many sets over the last two years, but not all of us really recognize which guns they are armed with, I think they should at least do the actual name of the guns in the equipment section of the CoD page, what do you guys think?

eliteslayer4915 wrote:I been mulling this over, mega has made many sets over the last two years, but not all of us really recognize which guns they are armed with, I think they should at least do the actual name of the guns in the equipment section of the CoD page, what do you guys think?
If they could use the actual names im sure they would. There is probably some legal reason why they can not.

jonnyfiyve wrote:
eliteslayer4915 wrote:I been mulling this over, mega has made many sets over the last two years, but not all of us really recognize which guns they are armed with, I think they should at least do the actual name of the guns in the equipment section of the CoD page, what do you guys think?
If they could use the actual names im sure they would. There is probably some legal reason why they can not.
Licensing, while COD can gain the name licenses mega may not have been able to.
Or perhaps they haven't named them simply because it's a modular system and you can make any combination you want.
Here's what I can make up using parts or get close to using the current parts:
M249
M240B
M4 (without carry handle)
M16 (without carry handle)
AK-47/AKM
Scar-type weapon (MP5 barrel with M4 stock with suppressor)
Vector
Shotgun (Spas-12 barrel? And any stock but without putting in any magazine)
SKS-Type weapon (AK everything with short magazine aka sniper magazine)
RPK (AK everything add a bipod - 1 version has a box mag 1 doesn't)
.50 cal snipers
Random Assault Rifles (Random barrels, random stocks, random magazines, sometimes putting the magazines in backwards to create new types)

Thanks Akula, I've never really been good with gun names, other than a few select ones (M1 Garand, M14, AK-47 etc.) though what's the sniper rifle with the banana clip called?

eliteslayer4915 wrote:Thanks Akula, I've never really been good with gun names, other than a few select ones (M1 Garand, M14, AK-47 etc.) though what's the sniper rifle with the banana clip called?
Beats me, I just mix up parts and see what new weapons I can make and if I recognise them as a specific gun then they become that gun to me. Honestly I only have enough room in my brain to research only a handful of guns, the rest of my brain space is taken up by metalcore music and lyrics lol.

Lol, who can resist the temptation that is heavy metal

AkulA1996 wrote:
jonnyfiyve wrote:
Licensing, while COD can gain the name licenses mega may not have been able to.
Or perhaps they haven't named them simply because it's a modular system and you can make any combination you want.
Here's what I can make up using parts or get close to using the current parts:
M249
M240B
M4 (without carry handle)
M16 (without carry handle)
AK-47/AKM
Scar-type weapon (MP5 barrel with M4 stock with suppressor)
Vector
Shotgun (Spas-12 barrel? And any stock but without putting in any magazine)
SKS-Type weapon (AK everything with short magazine aka sniper magazine)
RPK (AK everything add a bipod - 1 version has a box mag 1 doesn't)
.50 cal snipers
Random Assault Rifles (Random barrels, random stocks, random magazines, sometimes putting the magazines in backwards to create new types)
I would like to add the non revolving barrel handgun. (I feel that revolver handgun was designed to look like the .44 Magnum.)

Although the handguns are not modular, I would like to add the non revolving barrel handgun to this list because I'm sure no-one knows what firearm it is supposed to resemble.

^ my list isn't what people can't recognise - its what I can make from the modular parts. And with revolvers there's so many designs that on such a small scale it'd be very difficult to tell, in fact the normal pistol is difficult to tell, some people think its an M9-style weapon, others think its closer to a Desert Eagle.

^ In that case, please allow me to properly add to your list:

The Bren Light Machine Gun (AK stock, AK clip on top of base part and AK barrel upside down)

The magazine is tricky to place in this configuration, but I have actually done it.

M249 and M240B are heavy machine guns correct?

Return to “Call of Duty”