Blok Battles: How to play

Tell your own story!
Assassinater117 wrote:Umm there is just one thing that may be a challenge is if we are in different timezones we may not be able to get back to each other straight away
That's not a problem, its a turn based game. So any amount of time can pass between turns.
In fact you could be involved in multiple battles at the same time and battles could technically be played over days, weeks, months.

This is looking great J5.

I may have missed these since I had to skim over the rules quickly while eating lunch at work but a few questions.
What determines if a shot at the other team hits or misses?
What determines point cost for the teams to balance out the battles? Things could get out of hand if one guy brings 5 tanks and the other brings 5 Marines.

Don't get me wrong this is an awesome job you have done and the minimap for both players to use is a great idea. I also like your idea of moving one team member at a time ... much better than the 40K way of one army moving and shooting everything before the other army gets a chance to retaliate.

Looking forward to seeing more.

omegabob wrote:This is looking great J5.
Thank you.
omegabob wrote:What determines if a shot at the other team hits or misses?
One of the biggest challenges I had to deal with is the fact that in table top games so many things depend on a dice role.
I Googled around and tried to find some reliable dice rolling service that was cheat proof. I did find a few but they didn't seem all that great to me. I also considered that depending on this third party service doesn't make the platform entirely stand alone. In the end I opted to remove the need for dice role entirely.

That said, nothing prevents the rule from being tweaked to accommodate dice roles on a per battle basis.
The rules that will eventually be defined in the real time version could optionally be ported over to the remote version.

Now to answer your question, I hit never misses as long as it is in range.
Range is one of the team members stats.
omegabob wrote:What determines point cost for the teams to balance out the battles? Things could get out of hand if one guy brings 5 tanks and the other brings 5 Marines.
Each team consists of only 5 members maximum.
You can not have more than 2 transports (vehicles, aircraft, ship etc..) on a team.

Transports have to fit into one of three categories: Small, Medium, Large.
The fourth category is figure.

At the moment, all categories have predefined stats. Predefined stats is one of the ways I got around the dice roll. But don't worry I have worked in ways to gain experience points etc... to keep things interesting.

I'm still refining the rules as I re-read over them.
I'm trying to keep it relatively simple in the beginning to make sure we have a solid foundation to the game.

omegabob wrote:This is looking great J5.

I may have missed these since I had to skim over the rules quickly while eating lunch at work but a few questions.
What determines if a shot at the other team hits or misses?
What determines point cost for the teams to balance out the battles? Things could get out of hand if one guy brings 5 tanks and the other brings 5 Marines.

Don't get me wrong this is an awesome job you have done and the minimap for both players to use is a great idea. I also like your idea of moving one team member at a time ... much better than the 40K way of one army moving and shooting everything before the other army gets a chance to retaliate.

Looking forward to seeing more.
I agree, it does become a bit of a hassle with the 40k rules

Hmmm... Trying to find a way instead of using dice is tricky (too bad you can't do a raise your hand and repeat after me, I will not cheat... ;) and besides, I don't think any of us would cheat, would you?

Assassinater117 wrote:Hmmm... Trying to find a way instead of using dice is tricky (too bad you can't do a raise your hand and repeat after me, I will not cheat... ;) and besides, I don't think any of us would cheat, would you?
I would, straight up :)

jonnyfiyve wrote:
Assassinater117 wrote:Hmmm... Trying to find a way instead of using dice is tricky (too bad you can't do a raise your hand and repeat after me, I will not cheat... ;) and besides, I don't think any of us would cheat, would you?
I would, straight up :)
You realise that you just broke rule 1 of cheaters club right? And therefor you are automatically removed from the cheaters club.
Rule 1 of cheaters club: DO NOT ADMIT TO ANY OTHER PLAYER YOU CHEAT!
And it's all in caps so it's super important. (lol)

Haha Akula, well at least he's honest ;)

Hey Akula, feel like joining in our little gang? We're still working on the rules for the game, but I have a feeling that dis iz gonna be good!

Return to “Roleplay & Fanfiction”