Custom figure modifications: Tips & Resources

Tips & Tricks
CaptainHolt wrote:Im working on some fig's. Any cool suggestions?
A spartan scout?

Just one thing.

Heil Holtler!

Hey guys! Ive been MIA for a loooong while, but im slowly making a come back. Many of you know me as Geek Customs, I specialize in customizing mega figures. Id post a link to my page but im not sure if its allowed, but if yoyur able to check out my gallery.

IF you should have any questions or need advice im here! Ill try to follow this thread as much as possible and check back daily! Keep up the amazing work, i love to see other peoples creations.

GeekMarky wrote:Hey guys! Ive been MIA for a loooong while, but im slowly making a come back. Many of you know me as Geek Customs, I specialize in customizing mega figures. Id post a link to my page but im not sure if its allowed, but if yoyur able to check out my gallery.

IF you should have any questions or need advice im here! Ill try to follow this thread as much as possible and check back daily! Keep up the amazing work, i love to see other peoples creations.
Did I do this right sorry I'm new to the forum.. Anyways I understand that you are very good with sculpting and painting your figures etc. I just need a few tips (I'm kind of a new megabloks custom creator) I've been using sharpies and stuff to color my figures but I've been wanting to move on to painting and sculpting. I really need to know what to use to make sure paint doesn't scratch off when I apply it to joints I don't have very high quality paint but I just need something to keep it on and make it stay on. As for sculpting I would just like to know what type of tools should I use and what type of material I should use. (Clay etc.)

Megablocksrules wrote: Did I do this right sorry I'm new to the forum.. Anyways I understand that you are very good with sculpting and painting your figures etc. I just need a few tips (I'm kind of a new megabloks custom creator) I've been using sharpies and stuff to color my figures but I've been wanting to move on to painting and sculpting. I really need to know what to use to make sure paint doesn't scratch off when I apply it to joints I don't have very high quality paint but I just need something to keep it on and make it stay on. As for sculpting I would just like to know what type of tools should I use and what type of material I should use. (Clay etc.)
Tall question lol I replied to your comment on the AC arbiter, to follow up with that... I prefer to use Vallejo. The eye dropper style bottles are excellent for conserving paint and when you need to mix. The Model Masters pots just never did it for me. Citadel is another good choice. Just invest in some good brushes, it will make a huge difference. But paint rub will happen. I try to keep joint areas black and seal them well. It the paint begins to rub ill touch up with a marker. Theres the super glue method but its really difficult at this scale.

Tools? What do you have around the house? lol I started out using a precision screwdriver set. They were metal and easy to clean. Small enough for the fine details i needed. Eventually i bought some nice metal sculpting tools. As for material I use Aves Apoxie Sculpt White. Good luck!!

GeekMarky wrote:
Megablocksrules wrote: Did I do this right sorry I'm new to the forum.. Anyways I understand that you are very good with sculpting and painting your figures etc. I just need a few tips (I'm kind of a new megabloks custom creator) I've been using sharpies and stuff to color my figures but I've been wanting to move on to painting and sculpting. I really need to know what to use to make sure paint doesn't scratch off when I apply it to joints I don't have very high quality paint but I just need something to keep it on and make it stay on. As for sculpting I would just like to know what type of tools should I use and what type of material I should use. (Clay etc.)
Tall question lol I replied to your comment on the AC arbiter, to follow up with that... I prefer to use Vallejo. The eye dropper style bottles are excellent for conserving paint and when you need to mix. The Model Masters pots just never did it for me. Citadel is another good choice. Just invest in some good brushes, it will make a huge difference. But paint rub will happen. I try to keep joint areas black and seal them well. It the paint begins to rub ill touch up with a marker. Theres the super glue method but its really difficult at this scale.

Tools? What do you have around the house? lol I started out using a precision screwdriver set. They were metal and easy to clean. Small enough for the fine details i needed. Eventually i bought some nice metal sculpting tools. As for material I use Aves Apoxie Sculpt White. Good luck!!
Thanks for replying I just got on my computer to check out the website so i didn't see you answer on your AC Arbiter. The only tools i have are a dremel with several different attachments (sand paper disks all sorts of stuff) and an exacto knife. I have a hobby town close to where I live with some good paint and model stuff I'll look there for some good paint and brushes. I'll also look for some Apoxie.

GeekMarky wrote:Hey guys! Ive been MIA for a loooong while, but im slowly making a come back. Many of you know me as Geek Customs, I specialize in customizing mega figures. Id post a link to my page but im not sure if its allowed, but if yoyur able to check out my gallery.

Thats great news.
Thanks for joining us.

Hello, I am new to the custom figure scene, and I am working on a set of custom figures based on the series Red vs Blue. I need some help on the subject of which paint would be best and such things.

EDIT: I'm making two sets, I might raffle it off on this page.

Crocko1953 wrote:Hello, I am new to the custom figure scene, and I am working on a set of custom figures based on the series Red vs Blue. I need some help on the subject of which paint would be best and such things.

I use Vallejo, the eye dropper style bottles help save on paint. P3 is another great option as well, they are pots but apply just as well. Look at the previous post.

GeekMarky wrote:
Crocko1953 wrote:Hello, I am new to the custom figure scene, and I am working on a set of custom figures based on the series Red vs Blue. I need some help on the subject of which paint would be best and such things.

I use Vallejo, the eye dropper style bottles help save on paint. P3 is another great option as well, they are pots but apply just as well. Look at the previous post.
Thanks, it helps a lot more than you think.

Return to “Custom builds & Modifications”