Do mega care about fans outside the US and Canada

Got a question? Ask it here!
So simple question really why does mega insist on excluding everyone outside the US and Canada.

Like many other people outside US and Canada I save my money and buy sets I build customs and i take part in the community so why is it that we are excluded from your competitions ?.

Sorry but I've been a huge fan of mega and what they have done with the halo line but things really are going downhill in regards to you social networking and community involvement.

deekstar wrote:So simple question really why does mega insist on excluding everyone outside the US and Canada.

Like many other people outside US and Canada I save my money and buy sets I build customs and i take part in the community so why is it that we are excluded from your competitions ?.

Sorry but I've been a huge fan of mega and what they have done with the halo line but things really are going downhill in regards to you social networking and community involvement.
No they don't care, not just about your competitions but also about for their products, US already has Charlie series, UK only just seeing Bravo now with 1 website listing Charlie (website is of an unreliable toyshop in my opinion), also the blue series weapons packs from 2013, pretty sure these were never even released here (I don't think many in the US were even able to get these, I think these were only given to reviewers). And the few stores showing the latest releases of sets only show 1 or 2, I'd rather see a release of a full wave or no wave at all. As for cod I haven't seen anything new since the hovercraft. As for the first legends wave the most difficulty I had was tracking down the two smallest sets, the Troop pack and the Flak Gun.

-Akula

Community Team
Do we care about fans outside the US and Canada? Of course we do! As a business, we want to reach as many fans in as many different regions of the world as we can. But above and beyond that, we recognize how passionate our international fans are and we are grateful for their enthusiasm and participation in our amazing community.

As an example, we have a vibrant community of engaged fans in Mexico. One look at the official Mega Bloks Collectors Mexico page will show you that it is bursting with activity! In fact, they have more fans than the official global Facebook page at the moment!

Another place where we have very engaged fans is in the UK, as shown by the number of active voices from that region here and on Facebook. We’re always looking for ways to reward those loyal fans. One recent example was our support of BlokFest, and our presence at Gamescom 2015.

When it comes to contests, we would love to make every contest open to every region in the world if we could. Unfortunately, this is not as easy as it sounds. There’s a lot of work that goes on behind the scenes to run a contest, not the least of which is legal paperwork. Legal issues can make it very difficult for us to run the same promotions in multiple countries. That’s why our contests are typically restricted to certain regions.

However, that doesn’t mean we’ve given up on holding contests in other regions. The team who runs the Mexico Facebook page regularly hosts their own contests and promotions. We’re also working closely with the regional marketing teams in other parts of the world to help them organize contests and promotions in their areas.

Finally, on the issue of international retail distribution, this is something that the social media and community team doesn’t have a lot of visibility or input on. However, we can assure you that there are whole teams of people looking into it and working hard to improve that.

We appreciate your feedback and your continued support!

CaryMega wrote:Do we care about fans outside the US and Canada? Of course we do! As a business, we want to reach as many fans in as many different regions of the world as we can. But above and beyond that, we recognize how passionate our international fans are and we are grateful for their enthusiasm and participation in our amazing community.

As an example, we have a vibrant community of engaged fans in Mexico. One look at the official Mega Bloks Collectors Mexico page will show you that it is bursting with activity! In fact, they have more fans than the official global Facebook page at the moment!

Another place where we have very engaged fans is in the UK, as shown by the number of active voices from that region here and on Facebook. We’re always looking for ways to reward those loyal fans. One recent example was our support of BlokFest, and our presence at Gamescom 2015.

When it comes to contests, we would love to make every contest open to every region in the world if we could. Unfortunately, this is not as easy as it sounds. There’s a lot of work that goes on behind the scenes to run a contest, not the least of which is legal paperwork. Legal issues can make it very difficult for us to run the same promotions in multiple countries. That’s why our contests are typically restricted to certain regions.

However, that doesn’t mean we’ve given up on holding contests in other regions. The team who runs the Mexico Facebook page regularly hosts their own contests and promotions. We’re also working closely with the regional marketing teams in other parts of the world to help them organize contests and promotions in their areas.

Finally, on the issue of international retail distribution, this is something that the social media and community team doesn’t have a lot of visibility or input on. However, we can assure you that there are whole teams of people looking into it and working hard to improve that.

We appreciate your feedback and your continued support!
So can you guys "re-release" (actually release) the blue series weapons packs to the world wide retail market instead of letting them be owned exclusively by reviewers?

AkulA1996 wrote: So can you guys "re-release" (actually release) the blue series weapons packs to the world wide retail market instead of letting them be owned exclusively by reviewers?
I try to just lurk so I never made an account, but I had to say something here...
Did you even read all of what CaryMega wrote?

"Finally, on the issue of international retail distribution, this is something that the social media and community team doesn’t have a lot of visibility or input on. However, we can assure you that there are whole teams of people looking into it and working hard to improve that."

ArthasMenethil wrote:
AkulA1996 wrote: So can you guys "re-release" (actually release) the blue series weapons packs to the world wide retail market instead of letting them be owned exclusively by reviewers?
I try to just lurk so I never made an account, but I had to say something here...
Did you even read all of what CaryMega wrote?

"Finally, on the issue of international retail distribution, this is something that the social media and community team doesn’t have a lot of visibility or input on. However, we can assure you that there are whole teams of people looking into it and working hard to improve that."
Yes I did read it, that part of the comment you quote says they're working to improve distribution. I simply asked if they would release a set which was supposedly released yet no one not even in the US or canada other than reviewers have, would get an actual release for the world, am I not allowed to say that? Oh and I suggest you watch how you type some people aren't as tolerant and could view your comment of "Did you even read all of what CaryMega wrote" as an attack as some people will only read the "did you even read" part. ;)

AkulA1996 wrote:Yes I did read it, that part of the comment you quote says they're working to improve distribution. I simply asked if they would release a set which was supposedly released yet no one not even in the US or canada other than reviewers have, would get an actual release for the world, am I not allowed to say that? Oh and I suggest you watch how you type some people aren't as tolerant and could view your comment of "Did you even read all of what CaryMega wrote" as an attack as some people will only read the "did you even read" part. ;)
Okay, the last part of your paragraph didn't make any sense, sorry but I don't really know what point your trying to make :3.

That's my bad though, I thought this thread was about if Mega cared about the international community, and increasing their activity in places outside the US for like contests and stuff not a thread about releasing some random item.

Return to “Ask Mega Construx”