Wasteland: Nigel’s Post-Apocalyptic Story

Tell your own story!
Bmatt123 wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:59 pm
Sorry for the huge amount of questions today, but is there i certain figure that represents the unrc?
I don’t think so. Generally any CoD desert looking soldier, but halo marines/ODST etc works too.

SrgtGreen wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:14 am
That sounds good, WWIIboy. I can pretty much recreate your character if I ever need to. A new town is fine. It just means the ILC is bigger than previously expected. Oh one more thing: your affiliation with the ILC puts all of your actions in the ILC after October 21, 2083, the day it was founded.
Bump

SrgtGreen wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:16 am
Bmatt123 wrote:
Sorry for the huge amount of questions today, but is there i certain figure that represents the unrc?
I don’t think so. Generally any CoD desert looking soldier, but halo marines/ODST etc works too.
Ok thanks im trying to be prepared as much as possible so i dont screw something up :p. Also i an being lazy cod not risking losing pieces outside and using my floor.

Bmatt123 wrote:
When the founder Nigel originally did his first character picks, the USRC were represented with sand/desert coloured CoD figures, and the CDT by pop-and-swaps mostly using green CoD bodies.

But obviously not everyone has the same figures, so whatever works for you. As long as you clearly identify in your post or comic who's supposed to be who, things shouldn't be too confusing.

NatoGreavesy wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:35 am
Bmatt123 wrote:
When the founder Nigel originally did his first character picks, the USRC were represented with sand/desert coloured CoD figures, and the CDT by pop-and-swaps mostly using green CoD bodies.

But obviously not everyone has the same figures, so whatever works for you. As long as you clearly identify in your post or comic who's supposed to be who, things shouldn't be too confusing.
Ok thanks:) i have like 3 green and one tan. Thankfully infinite marines are tan.

SrgtGreen wrote:
That sounds good, WWIIboy. I can pretty much recreate your character if I ever need to. A new town is fine. It just means the ILC is bigger than previously expected. Oh one more thing: your affiliation with the ILC puts all of your actions in the ILC after October 21, 2083, the day it was founded.
Okay. His rank is captain and he commands a special group of ILC soldiers that are all ex-military. Their main base of operations is the town of tabula rasa (new beginning). Once again sorry if this conflicts with any lore.

WWIIboy wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:04 pm
SrgtGreen wrote:
Okay. His rank is captain and he commands a special group of ILC soldiers that are all ex-military. Their main base of operations is the town of tabula rasa (new beginning). Once again sorry if this conflicts with any lore.
Nope. That sounds good! Just one thing: The ILC rarely conducts offensive operations, instead focusing on defending themselves from a multitude of threats from anti-mutant groups like the Tribe, or the USRC itself. The USRC generally ignores the ILC though. Too small to be a threat. Preemptive Strikes are possible though, if we get good intel

Is it okay if I make a new faction?

It's going to be a sub-faction under the scrapper's coalition that only deals in making experimental weaponry, armor, and prosthetics. Their main goal is to bring back technological marvel prior to the mutagen bombs and create more effective weaponry against roaming super monsters. You can contact them through Xur?? at negaris shop.

In order to do business with them, you need to turn in 5 giant mutated monster bounties of any kind before they acknowledge you. The faction also has a small mercenary group of 7 that goes hunting local monsters and taking bounties on occasion.

This is more of an excuse for me to bring in my custom weapons while you guys can bring out exotic destiny weapons and maybe some brute weapons to the table, but obviously in very very limited quantity

Helios61 wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:57 am
Is it okay if I make a new faction?

It's going to be a sub-faction under the scrapper's coalition that only deals in making experimental weaponry, armor, and prosthetics. Their main goal is to bring back technological marvel prior to the mutagen bombs and create more effective weaponry against roaming super monsters. You can contact them through Xur?? at negaris shop.

In order to do business with them, you need to turn in 5 giant mutated monster bounties of any kind before they acknowledge you. The faction also has a small mercenary group of 7 that goes hunting local monsters and taking bounties on occasion.

This is more of an excuse for me to bring in my custom weapons while you guys can bring out exotic destiny weapons and maybe some brute weapons to the table, but obviously in very very limited quantity
The biggest problem I see here is that there are very few large, powerful mutant creatures. Most starve or are saved used as examples by the USRC of how dangerous mutants can be. I don’t think anyone would be able to find and defeat 5. Other than that, it sounds good to me. I would tell you to get it checked with Nigel, but he’s not really around anymore. Also, you must produce 10 pieces of content (comic episodes, short written stories or reports on the forum, propaganda pieces, etc or any combination) for the faction to become cannon. This was Nigel’s rule, not mine.

SrgtGreen wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:27 am
WWIIboy wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:04 pm
SrgtGreen wrote:
Nope. That sounds good! Just one thing: The ILC rarely conducts offensive operations, instead focusing on defending themselves from a multitude of threats from anti-mutant groups like the Tribe, or the USRC itself. The USRC generally ignores the ILC though. Too small to be a threat. Preemptive Strikes are possible though, if we get good intel
Okay. Thanks for the info.

Return to “Roleplay & Fanfiction”