Wasteland: Nigel’s Post-Apocalyptic Story

Tell your own story!
Is there a limit of entries or you can make like 6 of them and then you choose the best out of those 6?

Muto112 wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:40 pm
Is there a limit of entries or you can make like 6 of them and then you choose the best out of those 6?
No limit. I’ll choose my favorite of your works.

Plus the more you make the more interest is sparked in Wasteland

This so fascinating, and I now regret not stumbling across this universe sooner, ill try to contribute whenever I have free time.

Can i have a short timeline summary so I can have an idea which time I can slot in my oc's, also by the rules of no game breaking skills, how broken are we talking about?

Anime imagination broken?, nanomachines? spartan muscle enhancements? low or mid tier marvel mutants? Fallout?

Also what technology level are we at? do we have lasers, if there is it rare. If not then how far has the ballistics tech go before I unleash all my weapons and accidentally break the world

Helios61 wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:58 pm
This so fascinating, and I now regret not stumbling across this universe sooner, ill try to contribute whenever I have free time.

Can i have a short timeline summary so I can have an idea which time I can slot in my oc's, also by the rules of no game breaking skills, how broken are we talking about?

Anime imagination broken?, nanomachines? spartan muscle enhancements? low or mid tier marvel mutants? Fallout?

Also what technology level are we at? do we have lasers, if there is it rare. If not then how far has the ballistics tech go before I unleash all my weapons and accidentally break the world
So basically in 2081 the mutagen was released.
Not much really takes place between 2081 and 2082 with the most of the factions getting their act together and deciding who they hate the most.

July 13, 2083 is the first large scale battle between factIons. This was tracked by a Nato Greavesy comic but I’ll give a rundown here.

The Post Human Union lead by Nato the mutant (Represented by a beast man custom) has a presence in the Underground City of Sub Harenae, which is occupied by mostly mutants who are just trying to survive. Its location is unknown, except by the residents. I forget exactly how, but somehow Sergeant Major Angelica Diesel of the CDT and High Ranking Roebuck of the USRC end up in the town, in the same room with Nato. It is negotiated that Roebuck will tell the USRC where the city is located so that they will invade. The invasion will be a trap, all the USRC soldiers will be taken prisoner. Diesel is opposed to the idea but still helps because otherwise all the innocent mutants in the town will be found and killed by USRC.

The plan works and the USRC prisoners are leveraged for Mutant rights or something, but its pretty much not going to matter, because the USRC won’t really respect the new arrangements anyway. The biggest change is that the PHU now has all of the invaders weapons.

That’s the largest event so far.

As for making your character OP:

You can buy power from Scrappers for a LOT of money. This makes you really hard to kill. People wearing it survive claymores and small arms fire. I would say that anything more than that is too far. Any character you make must not be able to survive direct RPG hits, cannon fire, crazy falls (unless it has a low terminal velocity), or headshots from decently high caliber guns (unless wearing a power armor helmet.

As for technology: no portable laser weapons except like if you have a good story for it and it’s balanced. Maybe large stationary laser platforms and rail gun platforms, but nothing common or OP. Stuff like this requires a lot of energy to run, and most infrastructure would be destroyed, starving them of power. GPS and anything satellite related is broken probably. Really high tech stuff like UAVs and most planes, most futuristic armored vehicles, and large warships are out of commission for the most part because over time they wear down and no one has the infrastructure to fix them. Nukes are not used.

You can write in most older vehicles.

For instance the SSR uses world war 2 era tanks with explosive reactive armor and modern guns because older designs are easier to produce. This is of course kinda a bad reason but just roll with it. The real reason is of course because I have a Soviet WWII era tank.

Also keep in mind that not all mutants received favorable mutations. For instance my character can only breath pure oxygen or he poisons himself. Most mutations are just cosmetic. Not saying you can’t be a powerful mutant, just providing more info.

Finally, your character doesn’t have to be a mutant. It can just be a regular guy if you want it to.

SrgtGreen wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:10 pm
Not saying you can’t be a powerful mutant, just providing more info.
Throws Shrek into fray and watch all the factions go wild

And yes I have a custom Shrek figure

I'll be sure to nerf him so no worries

Is the ILC a combination of multiple groups or just one.

The ILC is its own faction, but it borrows ideas from others.

Sort of the middle ground between the ideologies of the USRC, CDT, and PHU.

Return to “Roleplay & Fanfiction”