Wasteland: Nigel’s Post-Apocalyptic Story

Tell your own story!
NatoGreavesy wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:39 pm

jeez its been how many years since you started

My first post was in 2016, if that's what you're asking.

NatoGreavesy wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:47 am
My first post was in 2016, if that's what you're asking.
Ah, I remember the first Those Two Guys. Ancient manuscripts.

No one is commenting that this now 200 pages?

I had an idea for a location for the Wasteland, loosely inspired by my favourite post-apocalyptic franchise, the Metro books/games. Let me know what you guys think of it.

- The Chasm -

Deep beneath the landscape of Texas lies a black abyss of rock and rot, an unending network of caverns and crevasses, the cause of which is unclear. Some believe the subterranean world was created by the detonation of missiles launched the day the bombs fell, while others believe the tunnels were made by immense mutants dwelling beneath the earth, while others still claim The Chasm was always there, and the end of the world simply opened the way.

Whatever its origin, the nature of The Chasm is one of danger and devastation. The mutagenic gas unleashed on the surface seeped into the earth, washed down by rain and time, mixing with minerals and other run-off from long-destroyed labs and military facilities, causing the water and air in the deepest of caverns to become toxic and mutagenic.

Strange fleshy fungi and creeping plants, along with colossal insects and mutated mammals infest the tunnels, all largely blind due to living where sunlight never reaches. Over the years, these creatures have steadily burrowed their way into other subterranean shelters throughout the desert, leading to innumerable deaths and disappearances, and giving rise to the saying that "all caves lead to The Chasm". Some whisper of secrets and treasures hidden deep below, but those who have gone searching rarely return, at least not with their sanity intact...

This sounds awesome! Go for it!

That sounds great Nato! Wasteland can always get more creepy!

Happy 200!

I feel like I’ve left you all high and dry, but I’ve started this and dang if I ain’t gonna finish it.

Once the raid on Sub-Haranae has completely subsided, I’ll definitely put my big plan in motion.

In the meantime, I’ll try an keep little installments going.

That reminds me that I should get a move on with this fight. I've got a bunch of pics all done, I just haven't gotten around to editing them and adding captions.

NatoGreavesy wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:39 am
That reminds me that I should get a move on with this fight. I've got a bunch of pics all done, I just haven't gotten around to editing them and adding captions.
Yes shame on you! You should be like me, who has totally not completely ignored this site for the past month and a half!

*nervous laughter*

nigelninja11 wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:09 pm
That sounds great Nato! Wasteland can always get more creepy!

Happy 200!

I feel like I’ve left you all high and dry, but I’ve started this and dang if I ain’t gonna finish it.

Once the raid on Sub-Haranae has completely subsided, I’ll definitely put my big plan in motion.

In the meantime, I’ll try an keep little installments going.
Wait, does this mean Wasteland could be over soon? I haven't even fully started my character!!!

Return to “Roleplay & Fanfiction”