Back to the Classics: How Mega could celebrate Halo's 20th anniversary (Part 1?)

Builds & Discussions
Back to the Classics: How Mega could celebrate Halo's 20th anniversary

Hi there. I know this probably isn't going to happen, nor is it probably going to even get seen by a Mega employee. As such, I'd like you not to take this as fact, or something Mega will probably even do. Heck, they could already have the complete 2021 lineup already decided. With that aside, as most of us know, Halo CE's 20th anniversary is next year. I realized that, and thought I would pitch forth my idea for a set lineup that celebrates the 20th birthday of one of my favourite games ever.
This proposed set lineup consists of 3 parts, each designated to one of the games in the original trilogy. Each Consists of 3 "main" sets, and 2 smaller sets. I understand that only the first part is realistic as a lineup, but I want to do it anyway. This post contains only the first part, for fear of it becoming much too large.

Part 1: Halo CE

Main Set 1: Escape Pod Defence/Rescue (est. price, $50 US)
This set, as the name implies, adapts the mission Halo. As the name of the set implies, this set contains a crashed drop pod, along with some terrain with the divot caused by the pod's impact.
Also, I know we got a new Warthog in 2019 in the excellent Warthog Run set, but the Warthog is so vital to the image of the mission in the original game that I couldn't exclude it. They don't even have to modify it, it can stay the same and I'm sure nobody would object to its inclusion.
As for figures, it could contain 2 Halo CE Marines (3 if the Warthog is included), a classic-style Jackal and an Elite Minor.

Main Set 2: UNSC Pelican’s Beach Assault (est. price, $70-$80 US)
Adapted from the beginning of The Silent Cartographer, this set includes a classic UNSC pelican, as well as some beach terrain and Covenant barricades.
For figures, this set might include 3 Halo CE Marines, 1 Grunt Minor, 1 Grunt Major and an Elite Major.

Main Set 3: The Library (est. price, $50-60 US)
Taken straight from the labyrinthian maze of a mission, The Library, this set is more of a customizable playground. It has several interlocking sections, including ramps, walls, corridors and tunnels, that link together in different combinations via pins.
For figures, this is a big one. It might contain the Master Chief (Mark V), 5 Flood infection forms, 2 Elite Flood combat forms, 1 Marine Flood combat form, and 1 Flood carrier form.

Supplemental Set 1: Covenant Fireteam Major/Minor (est. price, $15-25 US)
Okay, I’m cheating a bit here, because this set comes in 2 variants. As the title suggests, the two variants are Major, and Minor. The differences between these are only in the figures, so I’ll get to the scenery first.
The set contains a small forerunner structure (possibly a miniature beam emitter?) and a medium-sized green terrain plate, along with some foliage (and a pine tree, possibly.) It also contains a Covenant crate.
For figures, this is where the 2 variants differ. The Major variant might contain an Elite Major, a Jackal and 2 Grunt Majors. The Minor variant could include an Elite Minor, a Jackal and 2 Grunt Minors.

Supplemental Set 2: Covenant Strike Force (est. price, ~$40 US)
Me? Cheating again? No…
This set is actually a combination of multiple set ideas I had, combined into one. This set includes a Classic-style Type 32 Ghost, as well as another release, this time of the Banshee from the 2019 Aerial Ambush. Fear not, however, for this version of the Banshee has a more game-accurate paint job, featuring a recoloured pink cockpit and purple stabilizers.
This set contains an Elite Minor and a Grunt Major.

Yep, that's the first part. I'm not sure what to say here, but I hope this can at least spark something.

Cool ideas. This would also be a prime opportunity to make a signature series Pillar Of Autumn, as many fans (myself included) have been wanting that for a long time.
I'm sure Mega has something planned. They had a whole line of sets for the 10th anniversary of Halo CE, so it would be logical for them to celebrate an even bigger milestone for the series.
It's hard to believe Halo is nearly 20 years old now.

I just want a rerelease of blue team... and a new Sgt. Johnson[gallery][/gallery]

I say we should maybe make a battle on High Charity or a new Cryo bay from Halo 4. Another good idea would be the final battle between Guilty Spark and Chief. or Arbiter and Tarturus.

I'd say a battlecape-styled Blood Gulch or Danger Canyon would be the ultimate sets for me; I'd buy them in a heartbeat. Especially Danger Canyon, I remember that map very well from the PC port. Maybe the battlescapes can come with 5 Spartans? Have them resemble the unused Clash on the Ring Spartans?

i say another h 4 cry bay is a good idea

I really think you guys should make a Truth and Reconciliation set from the original game. If you do I would suggest making it after the flood had already bean there, like with captain Keyes as the grave mind at the middle control center.

Assault on the control room
As the name implies, this set would be based on that mission, it would include a CE styled scorpion tank (or a warthog, but the marines number would have to be smaller), 3-4 CE marines (2-3 if it's a warthog instead), a covenant wraith (or a ghost and a shade turret if there's a warthog), a covenant elite, a grunt and a jackal.

Return to “Halo”