How do you display your sets? I need some advice.

Builds & Discussions
I have been collecting Halo Mega Bloks/Construx pretty much since they’ve existed. However I have never really had a proper place to display them. Many of my sets are still in sealed boxes since I have no where to put them once built.

Recently my wife finally conceded that I could use part of a spare bedroom to display my sets. So I need some advice on what kind of shelves/tables to get for displaying. I have been looking at some tall bookshelves but they aren’t really that deep. Less than 12 Inches. Not deep enough to accommodate some of the bigger sets like the Scarab, Phantom, NMPD Pelican Air Base, etc. I was thinking about getting a few of these tall(6 foot) bookshelves for the small and medium sets and maybe a table to put the bigger sets on.

So anyone here with a sizable collection; what do you use to display your sets?

Thank you, that’s a good thread about how to combat dust but only a few people mention how they actually display their sets. And they don’t go into a lot of detail. I was hoping for people to give me some ideas for specific shelving units or tables and such.

That’s the exact Same Problem I have. Tons of sets and Figures and not enough space to display. I have a 4’ wide and 6’ tall Chrome wire rack with 6 adjustable shelves. The depth is about 16” I think. It fits my Battlescapes and has some room to spare. But I still have more sets and figures waiting to be built and no more space for them.

I’m going to build some Comic book storage and create a table top surface and a shelf or 2 on top. I figure that will give me 36” or so deep and 8’ long. Plus the shelves will give me some space to separate the figures from the blind bags from the sets.

Currently, the most "displaying" I'm doing is my Dawn of Darkness comic, which is set up on a wooden board laid out on top of a twin bed with some felt fabric draped over it. (I have two twin beds in my room because they are actually two halves of a bunk bed that are currently separated, but nobody actually sleeps in the second bed, so I just use it as a large, makeshift desk.)

Return to “Halo”