Breakout Beasts Vs Plasma Dragons vs Mega Bloks dragons

Builds & Discussions
This might be a little off topic, but first a thank you for releasing the breakout beasts. It really was nostalgic to see these as they reminded me of the mega bloks plasma dragons that had the same type of feel to them. I honestly hope these do well because I know the plasma dragons was an amazing series and I'm actually excited because breakout beasts are already doing different creatures. With that being said for my love of this new series, please make mega bloks dragons a thing again. I personally would love to have those big dragons again. Especially since they towered over figures unlike the plasma dragons. They were probably one of the best in the mega bloks series and It was awesome because of how many dragons you could get. There were also ogre dragons, which was a neat touch on the dragon type. Anyways I just wanted to get my opinion out there for hopefully mega construx to see and for all the rest of you to share your story about the old mega bloks dragons from fire and ice, metal age, etc... Maybe someday we can get a new series going.

bones15 wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:31 pm
This might be a little off topic, but first a thank you for releasing the breakout beasts. It really was nostalgic to see these as they reminded me of the mega bloks plasma dragons that had the same type of feel to them. I honestly hope these do well because I know the plasma dragons was an amazing series and I'm actually excited because breakout beasts are already doing different creatures. With that being said for my love of this new series, please make mega bloks dragons a thing again. I personally would love to have those big dragons again. Especially since they towered over figures unlike the plasma dragons. They were probably one of the best in the mega bloks series and It was awesome because of how many dragons you could get. There were also ogre dragons, which was a neat touch on the dragon type. Anyways I just wanted to get my opinion out there for hopefully mega construx to see and for all the rest of you to share your story about the old mega bloks dragons from fire and ice, metal age, etc... Maybe someday we can get a new series going.
I don't think this is off topic as much as the title is a tad misleading. I do agree the original dragon's lines were amazing. I still feel like they wiped themselves out by over saturation with the eggs compared to set ratio back in the day when they didn't have any other major licenses carrying that minifig/vehicle/structure craving. As is I still need to bag me some plasma dragons and dragons universe figs. I plan on hunting Ebay for the red dragon from the first wave eventually to add to my collection and I want to do a comparison of all the Mega Construx/bloks dragon types mega has done over the years. If mega ever dose more dragon in a major set type id prefer them to do a similar quality job to that of the Metal Ages line with some more diversity akin to what we saw in the (Correct me if I'm wrong here) Illumination dragons. Some of Mega's best dragons and arguably most detailed figures (by technicality) Hail from metal ages with there Two larger front runner Dragons, Thoron and Stendhal. As much as I would LOVE to see them make new super detailed and articulated dragon, especially with how far there quality in parts/ molding/ prints have grown over the years ill settle with break out beasts for now as a delectable teaser for future potential.

Sorry i didn't see your reply, it was very well thought out. Luckily and hopefully we will begetting the game of thrones drogon soon.

I tried a Crystal Creatures. Got the one I least desired. Besides not getting one I was interested in, I just wasn't too impressed with the quality. Even putting aside having to extract the item from slime, which was a pain, I don't like how rubbery the creature was. One of its wings just can't stay upright. I much prefer the older-style Mega Dragons, which felt far more solid.

Return to “Breakout Beasts”