Build Off: Halo, Turret

Tips & Tricks
Johnyfiyve wins with the Jack in the box

EVASPARTAN228 wrote:Johnyfiyve wins with the Jack in the box
Sweet!, Thanks man. Good job to everyone that entered.

Well EVASpartan228,

That is the last build-off of yours I bother entering in! With all due respect to J5 whom has created a number of clever builds I've admired, this time his entry consisted of 5 pieces not counting the base. And the most important part, the custom painted mini-gun on top isn't from any set I've ever seen. Frankly J5's entry this time was the least creative of the few that bothered entering. So as I've already stated, if the judging has nothing to do with the merits of the builds entered, why even bother?

Regards,
MTB Vince

VinceHoffman wrote:Well EVASpartan228,

That is the last build-off of yours I bother entering in! With all due respect to J5 whom has created a number of clever builds I've admired, this time his entry consisted of 5 pieces not counting the base. And the most important part, the custom painted mini-gun on top isn't from any set I've ever seen. Frankly J5's entry this time was the least creative of the few that bothered entering. So as I've already stated, if the judging has nothing to do with the merits of the builds entered, why even bother?
Frankly, I'm disappointed in your reaction.

The fact that a build has a small amount of pieces does not make it any less creative.
It's not everyone that can afford to purchase multiple sets to create giant builds.
Creativity is about making due with what is around you, no matter how many pieces that is.

It could be said that many of your builds are also not creative, since they are replicas of things that someone has already created. Not that your build isn't great but you didn't exactly go out of your way to build something new. You simply entered a previous build that many of us have already seen.

I would also point out that at the time of the announcement (and this writing) my entry had the most votes.

P.S The part you are referring to that you have never seen is from Skylanders.

VinceHoffman wrote:Well EVASpartan228,

Regards,
MTB Vince

Im sorry you feel that way, but through the combination of votes and compatibility with the guidelines yours just wasn't a winner, J5 won because he followed every guideline perfectly and hsd the most votes. If you feel dissapointed then oh well, there is alway a contest going on. Also considering the fact that your creation is a replica of in game turrets and J5 used an original idea. If the fact you cannot take losing to someone clearly better than you wins makes you want to not compete in any of my contests then fine.

Chao

All well I will still enter.

CaptainHolt wrote:All well I will still enter.
Glad to haer that

Return to “Custom builds & Modifications”