CoD gas masks and night vision goggles

Tips & Tricks
Has anyone tried removing the gas mask or night vision goggles from the CoD heads? I could be wrong but it looks like those pieces are glued onto the heads instead of being part of the original head mold.

Before I try it I thought I would see if anyone else has done/tried it and see what tips or advice they have.

nope but i would like to see :) but ill let u go first

omegabob wrote:Has anyone tried removing the gas mask or night vision goggles from the CoD heads? I could be wrong but it looks like those pieces are glued onto the heads instead of being part of the original head mold.

Before I try it I thought I would see if anyone else has done/tried it and see what tips or advice they have.
I have done it. It was glued on very well.
Once removed it will leave an indent in the figures head.
I'll see if I can find the head and maybe post a pic.

jonnyfiyve wrote:
omegabob wrote:Has anyone tried removing the gas mask or night vision goggles from the CoD heads? I could be wrong but it looks like those pieces are glued onto the heads instead of being part of the original head mold.

could u paint the indention to look a little normal?

jackdawg444 wrote:
jonnyfiyve wrote:

could u paint the indention to look a little normal?
You could paint it. Not sure how "normal" it would look. It would be indented so probably would not make much sense to have an indented visor. If you added a bit of modeling clay that might make it better.

Really I was more interested in the gas mask or goggles to use for other customs than the left over head.
Any tips for getting the glue to loosen its grip some? I was thinking of soaking the head in warm water for a while (or even hours if that would help).
Was the mask/goggles part fairly thick after you took it off?

omegabob wrote:Really I was more interested in the gas mask or goggles to use for other customs than the left over head.
Any tips for getting the glue to loosen its grip some? I was thinking of soaking the head in warm water for a while (or even hours if that would help).
When I removed the night vision goggles I just pulled them off with pliers. I used them on my Royal Alchemist team, check my profile.

Hope these answer some of your questions. Happy to help answer any others you have.

omegabob wrote:Really I was more interested in the gas mask or goggles to use for other customs than the left over head.
well i really want to know if i can get the head from the ghost repel dude

I've done it as well.

I'm not sure of your age but an xacto knife (box cutter blade) will help a great deal with regard to getting the mask off carefully.

With that said for those of us that have dremels or rotary tools when you take the mask off of helmeted heads the surface underneath has a Call of Duty Juggernaut vibe to it after you sand it smooth. Add some silver face paint and you have "Cobra Troopers".

Just sayin'

Return to “Custom builds & Modifications”