Destiny Warsat : Need help figuring this one out.

Tips & Tricks
Image I am wanting to try and make a custom Warsat from Destiny to recreate one of the iconic public events every Destiny player has done far too many times. The problem I am having is I have no idea what pieces I would need to be able to make such a complex shaped object like this. At the moment, I am just interested in getting the basis shape figured out before I look into the complex details like the damage and exposed internals. Any of you expert builders out there have any suggestions for how I could go about making this? Any help or suggested parts is greatly appreciated.

You probably need to 3-D print that or possibly cut some bloks into the shape you need. Hey... How did you managed to post a non-mega bloks photos in this forum?! Could've sworn that won't work in this restricted site!!

I was afraid of that. As for the photo, I just copy/pasted the URL with img tags. Hope I don't get in trouble for it.

Hmm that's a very good question. I think we need to find out if you want to do a 360 build of the hole warsat as if it were in space or if you want to do one zide just for the ground. For the flat version one side would be flat to allow it to sit on the surface of something you could use a series of connection struts inside at different angels to hold panals at the angels you want. You would simply not put panals where you didn't want anything or you could make shorter struts and use translucent blue parts for the interior. Either way the difficulty of this comes in its scale and the fact that you most likly would either have to build the pentagram panals up or cut panals for the shape of it. The long antenna id say use the old fashion antenna from say the grimmlon (it has 4 of them). If you don't know what I mean when I'm thinking of using struts im refering to the small tub pieaces mage uses. Without the peg for figures backs or connection purposes they can connect into bricks. Im sure you could get more insight from the veterans of custom builds but that's what I got.

Arcsylver wrote:Image I am wanting to try and make a custom Warsat from Destiny to recreate one of the iconic public events every Destiny player has done far too many times. The problem I am having is I have no idea what pieces I would need to be able to make such a complex shaped object like this. At the moment, I am just interested in getting the basis shape figured out before I look into the complex details like the damage and exposed internals. Any of you expert builders out there have any suggestions for how I could go about making this? Any help or suggested parts is greatly appreciated.
Looks like a tough build...

I don't play Destiny, so I don't fully understand what this object is, but I can imagine that the internal structure could be replicated quite accurately using pieces from the CoD Dome Battleground set. Specifically, the Dome itself.

The next step would be to find an easy way to build loads of pentagons... Unfortunately, I don't think there is any easy method for this.

Making pentagons is certainly doable, though. I'd suggest experimenting with whatever pieces you have and try to make a pentagon.

The last issue that will need solving is securing the pentagons in a lattice together... Hmm...

I'd have to say this is an incredibly difficult build, but I'd love to see someone pull it off!
-Dawson

Axiology wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:27 pm
I don't play Destiny, so I don't fully understand what this object is, but I can imagine that the internal structure could be replicated quite accurately using pieces from the CoD Dome Battleground set. Specifically, the Dome itself. The next step would be to find an easy way to build loads of pentagons... Unfortunately, I don't think there is any easy method for this. Making pentagons is certainly doable, though. I'd suggest experimenting with whatever pieces you have and try to make a pentagon. The last issue that will need solving is securing the pentagons in a lattice together... Hmm... I'd have to say this is an incredibly difficult build, but I'd love to see someone pull it off! -Dawson

Sadly the Dome set is far too large . The Warsat is a sphere slightly talker than the character in game. So roughly 2 - 3 meters from the ground level to the top of the main body.

Return to “Custom builds & Modifications”