Female Guardian avatar creator?

Builds & Discussions
Does anyone else find it extremely sexist in the fact that there is no option for a female torso for the create a guardian webapp?

How does that encourage half (or possibly even more) of the Destiny fan base from creating their guardians because they can't pick the proper gender of their avatar?

Especially since you have already announced that you have a female body mold available for other sets.

I seriously hope that you decide to rectify this as quickly as possible, not only from an ethical stand point, but also as a commercial one, seeing as how many people (including a close friend as well as my wife) will have a hard time accepting anything they can create using this half webapp as their own unique guardian.

Whoa, mate, I think you just need to calm down a little. There's no need to throw around accusations of sexism and whatnot.

Correct me if I'm wrong (I haven't looked at the Destiny Customiser in a month or so) but most of what's on that thing is limited to parts that currently exist in the sets. New moulds are expensive to design, and it makes sense Mega Bloks wouldn't want to splooge on an entire extra set of torsos and armour on a brand new line they can't even be sure will be successful. This is the same reason there aren't any enemy figures around yet, aside from The Fallen.

I'm sure, if this year's Destiny line proves to be popular and continues into next year, we'll start seeing some new characters and designs get added to the sets, and the customiser.

We asked for female characters and the relevant molds over 3 years and we have a first female warrior which is Spartan Kelly-087 since the end of 2015. You can see that MB has been heard and deploy the project about it although it is not as fast as we wish. I agree NatoGreavesy, it is not related to sexism, please be patience to let the crew of develpers make more items with fun and diversity.

At least I surprise that it has two female figures with new mold and human face in 2016 quietly, Nyota Uhura from Star Trek series and April O'neil from TMNT classic. I think you can use the two female figures and combine with the female mold of Halo, redesign a new female characters for your destiny world.

Buddy female molds are more expensive because of the smaller waist, MB still hasn't perfected destiny figures yet, so no it's not sexist

Return to “Destiny”