Help with Painting Halo Guns

Tips & Tricks
Well @Silenttakedown,

if you are Yrkane, you perfectly hand paint the letters using a very fine brush. Of course I'm pretty certain Chris could forge the Mona Lisa on a postage stamp.

If you are a regular human, you print it in mirror-image reverse onto clear plastic decal sheet. Then you cut out the itsy bitsy decal, apply 3m spray glue to the print side of the sheet and affix it to your project. By printing in reverse, the plastic you've printed on protects the ink on the backside of the decal. At least that's how Goodwill Hunter and a few other gifted MB Halo custom builders I know of do it.

Red__Spartan003 wrote:Not really. But I would love to know how I could keep water-based acrylic paint from chipping off of custom figs.
Steps to use:

1.) Wash parts with warm soap/Water. Allow to dry thoroughly (several hours).
2.) Spray parts with primer. I prefer Citadel Black (Chaos Black), which can be found at the Games-workshop store, but most brands will do. In any case, priming is critical - don't skip this step.
3.) Paint.
4.) Varnish (sealer). This step is really optional and only necessary if you are handling the figures a lot. Otherwise, acrylic paint will do fine over primed parts without any varnish.

Hope this helps.

I use modeling paint it works for me. If you want to do the precise detail on your figures and weapons get some tape(any will do)and cut it to the size you want it then put it over the parts you don't want to get paint on wait for a few hours(a day would be the best) take the tape off and there you go!
I hope that this is useful!

i also paint very carefully.

For sealing paint work & decals, I use Testors dull coat or gloss coat in the spray cans. Just one or 2 light coats protects the figs from most handling situations. I really like the results. Also recommend if you are trying this for the first time, experiment on a junk figure or item before trying this on a custom one. Practice makes for good results!!!

Has anybody had success with tamiya? I've used it on other projects and it flows really nice but I wanted to get a little advice before using it on MB

Return to “Custom builds & Modifications”